C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

DIY "Pro" Fuel Injector Cleaning!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 C55 AMG
DIY "Pro" Fuel Injector Cleaning!!!

Hey Y'all just wanted to show where and how to do a fuel injection cleaning (forward flush) of your injectors using either ProClean or 3M fuel injector aerosol cleaner. Both brands are available on line (Amazon) or at retail stores like Oreilly's. My newly acquired 2005 C55 certainly needs some TLC in a bunch of areas but this post is to emphasize a simple injector in car cleaning. Should be better than just adding cleaner to your gas tank and simulates what some pro garages do. It's designed to clean injectors along with anything in its path to the combustion chambers, ie intake valve, CC's, etc. Best way is too remove the injectors, reverse flush and ultra sonic clean them but reserved for the serious DIY's.........

Basically, you disable the fuel pump, hookup the hose rig and cleaner to the fuel rail, run the engine off the pressurized cleaner until the engine quits, remove rig and install schrader valve, re-enable the fuel pump, and clear any ODB2 codes. Maybe better power, fuel economy, smoothness can be obtained.....or restored.
My post here on my 1997 MB S500 is very similar on benzworld.org!
Here are some pix that have comments embedded as usual!
I got my rig from Sutton Engineering way back but you could easily piece together fittings, fuel hose, and a valve for a simple universal injector cleaner.

Remove fuel pump 20A fuse!

Remove fuel rail shrader valve and be careful since gas my be pressurized so get something to soak up the mess!

Start car and let it idle of the pressurized cleaning solution in the upside down can! Shake it occassionally.

Once the car stumbles and dies, try starting it again. It should fail to start. Reinstall the fuel pump fuse and start engine. Codes like P0300-P0308 may be expected since the stumbling is prolly misfiring so clear codes.

Pat yourself on the back and enjoy a brewski for a job well done. Or a nice dinner since you saved yourself some sheckles!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'09 ML 500 (550) Off road Package
That looks like something I must do cause my cars fuel economy sux. What app do you use on your iphone (I installed logworks) and where did you get that obd 2 thingy, are the ones on ebay ok?
Old 10-30-2013, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550, 2008 SL55 AMG
Or you could just run the occasional can of BG44 or zMAX gas treatment in a full tank of gas and get the same results.