C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My AC Blew up today..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My AC Blew up today..

Pulled out of a parking lot.. I heard a loud pop.. thought I got a flat. Noticed a wierd smelling white smoke coming out of the vent system.

Opened the hood.. saw this wierd looking oil all over the place. Wiped off as much as I could.. Diagnostics on the Climate control module indicates 0 pounds of coolant pressure. It also only runs on max AC (Auto) and blows warm air.

Took the car into the dealer.. Hope I get it back soon.

What a bummer.. a 2003 w/ only 3500 miles..
Old 09-03-2003, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
should be under warrenty and not a biggie... my AC was queer for some time also... only blew hot air when it was summer..... :o
Old 09-03-2003, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by SiLvaC32
should be under warrenty and not a biggie... my AC was queer for some time also... only blew hot air when it was summer..... :o
Haha you A/C was queer. I seen coolant and A/C Hoses Blow Alot. Should get it back soon.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:57 AM

13 SL63
ac sucks in this car. the buttons on the climate controls kept on sticking and after two visits the replaced it with the 2003 climate controls which dont stick. last summer i noticed on a warm/hot day i would turn on the ac and it would be slightly cooler for a little bit then after 10mins it would turn super warm inside. hmmm.. thought it was just me.. took it to smythe and they found the ac was toggling on and off for some reason?? when they replaced the climate control and switch, i got it back and the einsteins that work at smythe forgot to program the computer to blow cold air.. instead it blew hot air when i turned the ac on. today the ac still sucks, barely adequate in bay area weather, thats pathetic. one of my few beefs about the car.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:36 AM

Originally posted by amgrocket
ac sucks in this car. the buttons on the climate controls kept on sticking and after two visits the replaced it with the 2003 climate controls which dont stick. last summer i noticed on a warm/hot day i would turn on the ac and it would be slightly cooler for a little bit then after 10mins it would turn super warm inside. hmmm.. thought it was just me.. took it to smythe and they found the ac was toggling on and off for some reason?? when they replaced the climate control and switch, i got it back and the einsteins that work at smythe forgot to program the computer to blow cold air.. instead it blew hot air when i turned the ac on. today the ac still sucks, barely adequate in bay area weather, thats pathetic. one of my few beefs about the car.
dude, try park mercedes, I think they have better service? I was just in today, they seem to be very nice.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:44 AM

My A/C sucks too.... BIG TIME.... first it blows hot air from time to time, and then when you drive the car hard it starts making this anoying hissing noise which the dealer says is normal. You can hear it over the damn music its so loud!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:05 AM

Mine used to work really well.. in fact, I think it blew too cold. The cold air never seemed to shut off all the way.. Then the hose blew.

Hopefully going to get the car back today..

mc
Old 09-04-2003, 09:50 PM
moomeh

Originally posted by c32brabus
My A/C sucks too.... BIG TIME.... first it blows hot air from time to time, and then when you drive the car hard it starts making this anoying hissing noise which the dealer says is normal. You can hear it over the damn music its so loud!

i'm assuming the a/c is the same for all w203. that hissing sound comes in my c240 when i have the recirculating button on. it doesn't with the rest of the buttons