C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Misfire.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
Misfire. (Video included)

So I recently installed a new idler pulley on my car. The difference was really noticeable, especially in low rpm range where the car accelerated as smooth as it ever has. So I was driving it and its acceleration was superb! After some driving I wanted to really gun it in second to see how it felt. I probably was a little aggressive as the revs were really high at around 50ish mph. So I slammed on the gas and there was a slight delay and a simple engine check came on (not blinking). Code reader says misfire on cylinder 2.

For further info on this i had multiple misfires in April of this year when at the track. Misfire in 2 and 6 and multiple codes. Engine check came up blinking and car felt much different than what happened yesterday. I changed the plugs to laser iridiums and put brand new bosch wires on all coils. Car has run fine since until last night. Also when first set of misfires happened I was literally on a 1/4 mile run and the engine stopped accelerating. Last night it was just a delay and it went up after. Car also wasn't shaking nearly as much when stopped. I had gone WOT multiple times last night with no problem as well.

I'm thinking this is a tuning A/F ratio issue. I normally feather gas pedal more when WOT. What do you guys think? Seems these misfires happen when my car is running at its best.

Last edited by raf12690; 07-14-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Added video to title and post.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 AM

c32 amg
I was actually filming this because the car was running so well. SO here is the vid of the misfire. Very minor, but I could feel it more than vid shows. It's just a lot different than the first time when car stopped accelerating all together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLfOi...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-14-2013, 01:37 AM

c32 amg
Update...Ran it today full 2nd and full 3rd and it ran amazing. Might have been nothing serious.