C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c32 AMG died after MAP sensor change!! PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive: 2002 C32AMG
c32 AMG died after MAP sensor change!! PLEASE HELP!!

Last night I changed the map sensor on my 2002 c32 amg. The reason I changed it was because I was throwing the map code and egr valve. I decided to tackle the map first because the problem was resulting in Extreme power loss after accelerating hard all the way up to 75ish mph. Ill have full power, then the car will jerk nd I go from pushing 400ish hp to pushing about 100hp. And it would idle a little low nd rough.. upon countless hours of research I figured out how to change the map so last night I put a new map sensor in it thinking it would fix the problem but instead it caused all hell to break loose):
U start the engine and itll seem like its going to catch for a slit second nd run at idle normally but it just dies instead. So I took everything apart down to the map to make sure I reinstalled it correctly and still Nothing. It won't start. Wont run.. to get to the map I took off my tps. I thought that might b part of the problem so I thought id try disconnecting it. When I started it with the tps sensor unplugged amd it actually started but it woukd idle like a maniak between 500 and 2000 rpm... tried doing the tps reset by holding the peddle down for 5 seconds with the ignition on about 3 times and it sounded like it reset but without ever fixing my problem.. I ended up abandoning it at my buddies shop because I couldn't make it run.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. im thinking either napa gave me the wrong map sensor or my tps started going crazy after I took it off and put it vack on. My current mods are as follows; new radiator, new supercharger intercooler pump, needwings belt wrap kit, supercharger pulley upgrade, engine and transmission tune, new plugs, filters and fluids. Shes got 130,000atm.. I live in the middle of nowhere in alaska and the only dealership in the state is 300 miles away so with the car in its current condition, no I cannot just take it to the dealers/: thank you greatly for any advice..
Old 10-13-2017, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32
I just experienced the same following a MAP sensor change. What ended up being the cause?
​​​​​​
Old 10-13-2017, 10:26 PM

Drive: 2002 C32AMG
Originally Posted by sims
I just experienced the same following a MAP sensor change. What ended up being the cause?
​​​​​​
bro... I would pretty much do anything to find out what could fix it... I'm not even going to look at when the last post to this was.. I had enough stress as is with work today.. but to be honest, I never found out what the problem was.. the noise never stopped.. nobody knew what the problem was.. pretty sure I took it to mb for a head gasket change along with a few other things hoping they would tell me what the problem was and they didnt.. considering I had to pay a $4,000 bill to get my car back but I also had to drive 300 miles and stay the night at a hotel because I live in delta junction alaska and anchorage is the only dealership in Alaska and I was only like 20 working as a janitor, I couldn't afford to come back again. By the time I saved up a few more grand, instead of putting a few more grand into maintenance, I threw that money for a down payment for my C55 AMG.. although my love for my C32 hasn't faded one bit to this day..💔 shed probably been parked for the past 4 years now. She's still mine.. and I wish knew how to fix her...😢😭😭😭 please tell me if you figure it out. I don't even care if it's a simple fix at this point despite how embarresing it would be but I honestly think its gotta be a bigger problem.. please let me know if you ever figure it out 😥. I wish I had better news for you... but happy Friday the 13th Right? Lol.. I guess that's what we get for working on this day😏🤣
Old 06-18-2022, 03:09 PM

2005 SRT 6
Originally Posted by crazydavy
bro... I would pretty much do anything to find out what could fix it... I'm not even going to look at when the last post to this was.. I had enough stress as is with work today.. but to be honest, I never found out what the problem was.. the noise never stopped.. nobody knew what the problem was.. pretty sure I took it to mb for a head gasket change along with a few other things hoping they would tell me what the problem was and they didnt.. considering I had to pay a $4,000 bill to get my car back but I also had to drive 300 miles and stay the night at a hotel because I live in delta junction alaska and anchorage is the only dealership in Alaska and I was only like 20 working as a janitor, I couldn't afford to come back again. By the time I saved up a few more grand, instead of putting a few more grand into maintenance, I threw that money for a down payment for my C55 AMG.. although my love for my C32 hasn't faded one bit to this day..💔 shed probably been parked for the past 4 years now. She's still mine.. and I wish knew how to fix her...😢😭😭😭 please tell me if you figure it out. I don't even care if it's a simple fix at this point despite how embarresing it would be but I honestly think its gotta be a bigger problem.. please let me know if you ever figure it out 😥. I wish I had better news for you... but happy Friday the 13th Right? Lol.. I guess that's what we get for working on this day😏🤣
crazydavy I am currently having same problem I know this is an old thread. Please let me know if you ever had the issue resolved thank you