C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

heat problems and exhaust smell..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
92 300zx, 96 Tacoma, 99 ML320
heat problems and exhaust smell..

ok guys. for the past month, i've noticed when i get in my car in the morning (or whenever) and i turn the heat on, for about 20 seconds it smells like somebody is running a tube from the exhaust pipe straight into my face

the first few times i tried to dismiss it, but its really starting to bother me and any passenger i have in the car. it's to the point to where the windows have to be rolled down a bit. it does go away after maybe 20+ seconds. I will also add that the exhaust itself has always smelled pretty damn strong. i've ran cars with no cats and/or "tuned" but this is just a really strong version of how an exhaust normally should smell. no sulfur smell, just a pure nasty exhaust smell. it's actually always had weird smells to it in the past and other people have picked up on it being around the car (fruity and/or metallic like according to some).

the AC strepper valve was ticking/popping when i bought the car but has stopped for a while and i have noticed the heat only works on the driver side (poorly) and it blows cold on the pass side.

any input on what i've dealing with would be appreciated. i do have a slight exhaust leak but i also had one last year (worse) and it was never an issue besides it well.. being an exhaust leak. cabin filter is only a year old. slight oil leaks (but what m112 doesn't..) nothing crazy though.

Last edited by DrewZ926; 11-25-2013 at 04:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
100Pyatt (02-12-2024)