C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Woo Hoo!! No Glycol contamination confirmed!!........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32
Woo Hoo!! No Glycol contamination confirmed!!........

As I posted a few weeks ago, my torque converter seemed to be acting up.......getting a jittery feeling under light acceleration between 1500 and 2600 rpms. Stopped driving the car and send a trans fluid sample to Blackstone for analysis.

Got the report today.........I'm good on that front at least. Since my car is an early 03 I'm still going to change the rad to the better Behr unit and also doing a trans flush/service but this really gives me a sigh of relief. So any ideas what could be causing this?

Report:

MARC: Coolant shows up in our tests as high levels of potassium and sodium. There's not enough of either
element here to suggest there's antifreeze in the fluid, so there's some good news for you right before the
weekend. We don't really have any bad news. Metals are a little high compared to universal averages
(based on about 57,600 miles on the oil), but since this is the factory oil, these metals just show new parts
breaking in, not a problem. Insolubles are fine, and no moisture was found. Changing the fluid might bring
metals down, but it's not a major concern. Not bad!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:25 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2002 C32AMG
I've read it could be the torque convertor controller (tcc) or something to that effect. I have the same problem but it's intermittent and really has no obvious trigger.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
I would unplug the supercharger clutch and drive it to see if the jittery feel is still there. The clutch engages in this range and can cause a brief stumble/lag as it engages during light throttle.