Selling 2002 C32 $7900 98k miles - modded/tuned by EC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Selling 2002 C32 $7900 98k miles - modded/tuned by EC

All,
Moving onto a CLS55 (most likely) in the next few weeks. I figured I'd go ahead and put a feeler out there for my current C32 for anyone interested.

Car is a black C32, I have the Mercedes star grill (black with silver, looks great) with AMG button emblem. Car has 98k miles. I can send pics if serious interest (I did post some a couple years ago as well). I am selling soon and already have a $7k dealer offer (which also translates to reduced sales tax on new car).

The good:
- EC pulley (crank pulley, can't remember size but could find out), EC orginally installed, but I had to reinstall DIY due to front seal leak (fixed)
- EC heat exchanger - EC installed
- Johnson pump - EC installed
- Needswings pulley saver
- SL55 Instake (full)
- K & N Filters

The neutral - the following have been repaired since car was purchased in 2009
- water pump
- alternator
- sway bar end links (front)
- driver side upper and lower control arms (front)
- driver side spring and shock (rear)
- rear passenger window - came off track and needed repaired

The bad
- the real big issue and reason for lower price is that as a 2002 it lacked much of the rust protection of the latter models. As such I have had to spot repair certain areas and then get car or panels repainted. I do this myself over a weekend and just take the car in for an inexpensive paint job. As the car is black it looks excellent even with lower cost enamel. I did this in 2010, early 2012, and again just over last month in preparation for sale. I can send recent pics and you are welcome to inspect it yourself, 99% of the people out there wouldn't recognize that it isn't an expensive job (good thing about this being a black car). You are also welcome to see it in person.

- my CD changer does not work - not sure why but it just says 'No CD' or some such. Ebay has these used that will plug right in simply.

Thats about it. Obviously the rust is the big issue here. I considered keeping it and just getting an SL 55 but really don't have much room. I can fix the rust spots easily enough over a short weekend and keep doing the lower cost paint job every 2 years. If you are comfortable with this like I am, then I believe this is a great deal for you considering the $2500-$3000 in mods to car (I paid).

Also, I am not flexible on price due to dealer offer and associated tax savings. That said, I do have a new set of plugs and wires not installed purchased from Needswings that I will include as well (paid over $200 if memory serves).

I love the car and enjoy it every day. Car did 331rwp on dynojet (299 on dyno dymamics at EC with conservative tune)

Additional details, interior is in overall great shape. The cup holder spring does not work but as I leave it open all the time I don't notice. I have always done all fluid maintenance on the car as well. Tires are about 2-3 years old with reasonable tread remaining. The wheels are in average shape for the year (not perfect, but fine IMO, one got beat up more than others due to half blind wife).

Let me know if interested. I'm looking to move soon so thought I'd just throw this out to anyone who wants to purchase. Last if only interested in intake or plugs let me know as if going to dealer I'll have these available for sale. (I'm not going to bother pulling off other mods)