C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Consequences of RUBBING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
Consequences of RUBBING

Hi.. My rear tires rub from time to time when I go over big dips. Do I need to do anything about this? What exactly happens to the car when your tires rub? Any long term effects I should be worried about??

Thanks
Old 11-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Almost a Member!

C32
You can shread your tires, which could lead to a blow out at high speeds. Of course if you keep an eye on the rubbing area, then you should have enough time to replace a tire before it blows. The area you are rubbing could be bad as well. If you are rubbing the rubber lining, then usually its not a big deal. It will burn through the rubber, but make sure there is nothing underneath that is important!
Old 11-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Almost a Member!

C32
I forgot, the most important this is, your car is rubbing because its telling you something is wrong. I know people love to lower their cars a lot, but there is a reasonable amount that maintains safe measures. Some like to ignore the messages from the car, but I would personally get it fixed. Which means, raising the car, rolling the fenders more, cutting lining, getting proper wheels, less wide tires, etc...good luck