C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Kleemann C32 AMG Digital Boost Gauge, Ideas Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kleemann C32 AMG
Kleemann C32 AMG Digital Boost Gauge, Ideas Please!

Hey guys, I have a Kleemann Stage II C32 AMG and I'm struggling to come up with a good solution for a digital boost gauge. My requirements are: no round gauges or gauge pods/pillers, digital display color must match the amber color of the other interior lights, it must look like a factor option.

I have a contact at Kleemann and he mentioned that there is a back door into the speedo display that reads out certain OBDII/K data, does anyone know how to do this?

"There are several "back door menus" to access via the speedo head. I'm not entirely sure boost is a data stream into any of those screens, and they aren't designed for permanent use. Absolute manifold pressure in mbar is a OBDII/K data stream, so I'm sure any of the "portable device" products that plug into the OBDII port and display to your phone will work."

I've been in touch with Andy at Gaugetek to see if we can do a custom application, but I wanted to see if there was anything out there.

Here is Gaugeteks vent gauges, but nothing that would work for our W203s (yet).

http://gaugetek.wix.com/vbg1

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 C32 AMG, 2015 RAM 1500 4x4, 2012 Merc GL450
Kleemann

I talked to someone at Kleemann and he could not even get a intake system for our cars, didnt think they would bother with a boost gage kit for the C32 either.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:53 PM

C32 AMG, 997, Mustang '66
I'd ask why bother? It's not like a turbo where you have hi/low boost or can control the boost. Apart from the rice factor, you can always just OBD2 into the Torque app and get a read out for boost if you really want to know how much boost you're running.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:15 AM

Kleemann C32 AMG
Originally Posted by gwin
I'd ask why bother? It's not like a turbo where you have hi/low boost or can control the boost. Apart from the rice factor, you can always just OBD2 into the Torque app and get a read out for boost if you really want to know how much boost you're running.
I definitely want to try to avoid the rice factor, that's why I wanted to go with something discreet. I think it would be pretty neat to hop into a Mercedes and see a small digital boost gauge that you would have no idea that it wasn't factory. I also want to monitor it to make sure there are no problems and I'm curious as to when the supercharger engages - I can hear the whine if I listen close, but it's not that noticeable when you're hammering down the road with the radio on.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by sdreeser
I definitely want to try to avoid the rice factor, that's why I wanted to go with something discreet. I think it would be pretty neat to hop into a Mercedes and see a small digital boost gauge that you would have no idea that it wasn't factory. I also want to monitor it to make sure there are no problems and I'm curious as to when the supercharger engages - I can hear the whine if I listen close, but it's not that noticeable when you're hammering down the road with the radio on.
Not sure what your budget is but here is another company that may have a product for you. http://www.zada-tech.com/product/sin...cd-based-gauge They also have a yellow negative display that may be what you are looking for. http://www.zada-tech.com/product/acc...ative-16x2-lcd I also like this display. http://www.zada-tech.com/product/mul...lcd-multigauge
The issue that you still have is where to mount the display. There is very little if any free surface space on the front of the dash. One place I considered is inside the front parktronic display but then I got going with the Dashdaq and ended up putting in my radar warning light and remote sensor for the DVD inside the partronic display. I think that the 80mm x 35mm PCB will fit in that space but I did not measure it.