C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Help - small oil drips on driver side

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55
Help - small oil drips on driver side

I've looked and looked but cannot find an engine oil leak. Mirrors and LED flash light reveal nothing leaking. I say engine because it is dark brown and I mean dark. I changed my oil recently and thought some spilled onto a cover and is slowly working it's way out. I've hosed the entire area out with carb/brake cleaner at two or three times too. I've put paper down and the size of the drops goes from about the size of a quarter one time to a nickle the next then back to a quarter after driving. So it is, in my opinion, a small leak but I can't stand it. I really cannot see it coming out of the engine anywhere. It appears to be concentrated near the left bottom control arm. The rubber bushings there are not filled with liquid are they? The car does pull slightly to the right so I need an alignment but starting to think there is something worn that is causing the pull such as a bushing.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
the most common places it leaks are the valve cover and the breather covers on top of the valve covers. I've had mine out 3 times since i bought it, but that was simply because I used the wrong gasket maker i suppose. check around your valve cover's breather hoses first, that usually the first thing to leak because depending on the sealant that was used etc. IF its not there, its probably coming from the valve cover... that uses a rubber seal seated in the cover and those things i heard people say gets replaced fairly often.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'09 ML 500 (550) Off road Package
I think the rubber bushes are fluid filled and have seen other members have an issue with leaking bushes so clean them too and monitor them before you go scratching where it doesn't itch so to speak.