C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

03 c32 amg missfire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
03 c32 amg missfire

Help Im getting a crazy random misfire code. A few weeks ago I accelerated hard on the interstate and I got a cylinder shutdown. pulled over and restarted the car,everything ok. About a week later the car was idleing perfectly in traffic and suddenly cut off. I then started getting misfires under hard acceleration moreso afer the car is at operating temp. Then in stopped traffic the car died and would not restart. MFD turned red. The car started and ran perfectly an hour later. I replaced the CPS with a Bosch unit. The car would now not stall but I get a missfie and cylinder shutdown under hard acceleration. Replaced the plugwires and the plugs. Old plugs looked good with no deposits and a light tan coloring. Thought I had the problem fixed as I drove the car around and it pulled like crazy to the redline thru the gears. After stop and go in traffic, I accelerated hard and a misfire hit. I really cant clear out the miss by restarting the car. Mad a quick stop by Auto Zone and checked the codes. Multible cylinder misfire. Limped back home and allowed the car to cool down. runs perfectly now and will for about an hour. Car has 181mm pulley ,Jerry tune,2nd cat delete,PLM he Johnson cm30, K&Ns , no performance mods have been made in a few years,so I have not introduced anything new into the mix. I need to clarify that I was also getting a misfire code on the old CPS. HELP Dusty