C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Has anyone experienced supercharger problem???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone experienced supercharger problem???

Hi,

I have a 03 black c32 with about 15k miles and the other day as I was driving all of a sudden I felt like my car was c240 or something. It felt soooo soo slow. I didn't know what it was at first but then every once in a while it would feel fast again. Sometimes when I punched it I would hit 80 - 90 easy. But other times it was soo slow again. It was weird. I was unfortunately driving to a client so I could not take it to the dealer but I will as soon I get back. But I don't seem to have the problem when I drove it today but I didn't drive it for a long time.

Has anyone else experience anything similar to this??? I don't think it is supercharger problem but rather with the transmission not engaging it. Anybody who has had this problem please let me know and what happened?? Thanks.

Prasith
Old 12-06-2003, 07:44 PM

2002 C32 AMG

yes i have, when traveling about 50-60 mph and u think its about to kick the RPMs just race up but the car isnt moving the way it should, happend to me a few times i tried putting it into N then back to D sometime it works sometimes it doesnt, i did it once and the car was stuck in N till i pulled over and shut it off then back on. brought it to the dealer they couldnt duplicate the problem i have no idea wat it is but it has happend to me, last time it happend was about a month ago
Old 12-06-2003, 07:51 PM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pop the silver front engine cover off and take a look at the supercharger. There is an electrical connector on the left side that operates the SC clutch. Verify it looks like a snug fit etc.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Almost a Member!

MB C32 AMG
Lightbulb

p/n 112-141-03-25 Thottle Actuator.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:58 PM

is the throttle actuator related to the supercharger or to the transmission?? It feels like its the engine wants to rev but the supercharger doesn't know about it. Weird problem though I am having it consistently now.

Does it have any implications further on down the road even if it gets fixed?? Should I not be driving it until I can get it to the dealer??
Old 12-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Almost a Member!

MB C32 AMG
Once the unit go out completly, you will need a tow to the dealer. That is what happened to me.