C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

key-less entry not working w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg and c55
key-less entry not working w203

OK so, I've read many many threads and seems that no one has a fix, i have a 2006 c55 and 3 weeks ago got windows tinted and key-less entry stopped working, pressing button on the key does nothing! pointing at the door works intermittently, replaced batteries, brought it into a MB dealership to scan with the Das and no codes, 3 weeks later now, pointing at the door still works intermittently and pressing buttons work intermittently, now i am confused to what the issues can be, today now it is in my garage and nothing works at all, threads say its the antenna amp but if it was blown it wouldn't work intermittently, or would it? if anyone has a fix on this and does have any solid advice and it works i am willing to pay them for helping... btw i have peeled the window tint... i just want to lock/unlock my doors.....
Old 08-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Did you install a metallic tint? If so, that could be your issue as that likely causes interference with the amp.

Otherwise, its probably your antenna amp. The installer probably got the area too wet and messed up the antenna - Look on ebay for an affordable replacement.

Good luck.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg and c55
It was metallic so I removed it, but if it is screwed up how is it working intermittently? Even when the tint was on it worked intermittently