C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My C32 and my friends CLK55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 05:59 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
the rims are HRE 20" 542 anodized black wrapped in toyo's.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:01 AM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
99e36m3 thanks for the compliment, i think i met u once w ur bro at the go kart place in burlingame.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Guest0001

Originally posted by A///MG_Power
99e36m3 thanks for the compliment, i think i met u once w ur bro at the go kart place in burlingame.
You have a *******g huge Mod list

I think the C32 looks a hell of a lot better then the CLK55 for 20K less. They are both nice cars though I guess.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A///MG_Power,

I noticed in your sig and your mod list that you say Renttech is Mercedes Warranty approved? How did you do that? Is it a relationship that Renntech has with Mercedes? I would like to know as that is my major turnoff from engine work right now.

THanks,

Prasith
Old 01-30-2004, 05:36 PM

Greg-

When u gonna start modding?? hahaha.

By the way, you gotta come out to the next meet!!

Eric
Old 01-31-2004, 12:28 AM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
Prasith32--
well since RENNtech was created by ex-AMG designers, I believe it is a gentleman's agreement between Mercedes and renn. If you look at the pulley's and parts that Renntech sells, there is a Mercedes tristar insignia on it which specifies the warranty approval. The shop that I am planning on going to when I save enough money to mod my car says that all his Renntech Mercedes clients have no problem with warranty maintenance service on their cars. This includes SL55s, E55's, etc. In fact, despite the fact that Renntech underrates their horsepower ratings in their advertising, (450bhp claim w the c32 pulley/ECU/exhaust kit), I believe the warranty approval is the best thing about RENNtech.

eric--
I definitely will be out there at the next meet. March 6th is it? I've got some Meridian cars lined up for the show for u as well. Contact me if you have any questions or concerns. As for my c32, being jobless and a budgeting student, I need to save some crazy money for my mods =) But soon soon the list will be a reality. lol. But yes, Meridian should have a good show w maybe a lambo n a ferrari here n there showin w twc. take care bro ttys.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Man those are wicked sick pictures. I love that white M3 with black rims. That is just pure bliss right there!

I learn stuff too! Don't put paint cans in your car!
Old 01-31-2004, 12:38 AM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
lol and why not?
Old 01-31-2004, 12:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=53061

Old 01-31-2004, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
If you look at the pulley's and parts that Renntech sells, there is a Mercedes tristar insignia on it which specifies the warranty approval.
Sorry, but this is not true. The star is on the pulley because Renntech buys it from MKB, which in turn modifies a stock, factory pulley.

Warranty issue is between you and your dealer. Renntech has no warranty approval for their products from Mercedes-Benz USA.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:55 AM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
oh okay. so matt at meridian is referring to a specific agreement that you talk about with your own dealer whether or not they will service your car or not?
Old 01-31-2004, 12:01 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally posted by A///MG_Power
oh okay. so matt at meridian is referring to a specific agreement that you talk about with your own dealer whether or not they will service your car or not?
You better get that agreement in writing! If the management of your dealership changes or something really bad happens to your car, then any oral agreements are usually quickly forgotten.

Furthermore, your warranty is with MB and not the dealer. If anything escalates beyond the dealer - like when an engine blows and they have to bring in the regional rep - all bets are off as MB Corporate does not reimburse for a warranty claim linked to any mod (incl Renntech) that is proven to be responsible for the problem. There is no gentleman's agreement with Renntech.

In your favor though, MB must prove the mod likely caused the problem or you have legal recourse per specific federal legislation that addresses this issue.

You should make sure whatever mod manufacturer you select has a good reputation (not just good marketing) and has positive feedback from those who have made the modifications.

You may also want to see if they will cover incidental damages related to the performance or failure of their parts. Evosport has said that they stand behind their products 100%. They told me that if their part fails or causes other parts to fail, they will cover the damages. I haven't yet looked at the written terms to see if that's openly stated or contradicted.

I been doing ALOT of research on the pulleys and I think Evosport is the better way to go for the following reasons:

- they've spent a lot of time with the C32 specifically and know it very well
- they've done the R&D and made it publicly available
- they include other pulleys to keep the other engine components operating as close to stock as possible
- they include the IC modification, and while I've seen the debate on that topic, it makes sense to me.

Time will certainly tell, but I feel most comfortable with the Evosport ODPS in light of the above.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:59 PM

"They told me that if their part fails or causes other parts to fail, they will cover the damages. I haven't yet looked at the written terms to see if that's openly stated or contradicted. "

Id like to see them back up a blown supercharger, engine and tranny due to the added power from their mods. Likeyou said, words are just words, nothing more. Actually statments like yours above are more marketing in my eyes.

I do agree that the best solution in the US for the C32 is Evos setup. There are satisfied folks here, and the parts appear to be top notch. Id love to drive on and feel how linear and smooth the power delivery is. Any hitches or hesitation, and I would pass.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:14 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally posted by s4iscool
Like you said, words are just words, nothing more. Actually statments like yours above are more marketing in my eyes.
How is it marketing? I don't work for any of these companies. I did my research and I'm posting what I found out. Hopefully, someone finds the info helpful.

I do agree that the best solution in the US for the C32 is Evos setup. There are satisfied folks here, and the parts appear to be top notch.
By your standards these statements would be marketing. However, I take this as your opinion and I'm happy to see your initial take is positive as well.

Id love to drive on and feel how linear and smooth the power delivery is. Any hitches or hesitation, and I would pass.
Well if you're in the NYC area, you're welcome to take a ride with me once they're installed. The dynos and R&D data also provide a lot of information - I'm especially interested in what you can't necessarily feel while driving. Misfires, high temps, etc.

With 93+ octane readily available in the Northeast. I am also looking forward to better performance than what Evosport's data shows (on 91 octane.)
Old 02-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 C32 AMG
I'll take you up on that offer....

Blando, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to see what evosport can do....I was pretty much torn between Renntech and Evosport, but maybe riding in someone's car with the kit installed would help me decide....I live in fort lee NJ
Old 02-03-2004, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Great pics, those cars look great. The only thing that blows my mind is that you guys actaully like that E55 with the nasty POS Wald kit. Have you guys SEEN the rest of the kit? Pieces were missing and poorly fitted. The kit looks worse than an E320 factory kit, why would ANYONE do that to an AMG car? Those I forged (or HRE, whatever) wheels are nice but again, why didn't Wald put their OWN wheels on the car? Stand by your products much? They have some of the worst customer service, the products are poor facsimilies of quality kits and they are $$$$$$, I honestly don't know how a company like that could still be in business. Wald is such a bandwagon company, because they are hard to get (poor c/s) and are expensive, people think they are "madd tite yo!!" Sheeesh..

Thanks for letting me vent.