C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Weird C32 security feature?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C32
Weird C32 security feature?

Hi. I have own my C32 for a almost half a year now, and always visit this site to gain more knowledge on this wonderful machine.

Lately, or perhaps since I got the car, I notice that after you started the car, and turn key to position 1, the power seems to be stay on for like 10seconds or so, then it cuts the power to command, dash lighting, and the MFD (best way to describe is like someone or something cuts the battery cable 10seconds after you turn the key from pos2 to pos1. When I tried to start the engine from pos1, it will not do anything (meaning it doesn't do jack sh*t), not matter how to turn the key back and forth. HOWEVER, if I take the key out and put it back in, it starts like normal, I always thought this is some sort of MB security, until my friend was in the car when it happened, and he said this is not normal.

The good thing is, at least I know I way to get around it to drive it everyday, but I want to know on earth is going on this thing.

This problem is very consistent, it does it every time when I shut off the engine by turning key from pos2 to pos1, and 10 secs later......power cutoff? I tried to google and doesn't seems to find anything, I searched at EIS too, but no luck............any ideas?

one last thing, for a car that is from 2003 with 65,000miles, the heated seats buttons seems a bit "loose", is there something wrong or i need some beer to chill out?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:50 PM

2008 CLK550
Does it let you turn the engine off and still listen to the radio? Ill have to check next time I'm in my car which position it is exactly, but when the cars on I can turn the key back one position which kills the engine but leaves on all electronics. One more to the left and all electronics turn off minus the radio. There's no time limit it will stay on until I turn back all the way and pull the key out. Can you explain what you are doing when this happens?
Old 04-23-2015, 10:30 PM

W203 C32
It is like when I turn the key back one position from engine on, it kills the engine (normal) but electronics should stay on (normal), however, after around 10-15 seconds, all electronics(command, dash light and odometer) turn off by itself...... one thing I just found out is that the car kills the electronics faster if I press any buttons on the climate controls, so instead of 10-15seconds, it will shut off all power around 6-10seconds....