C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Just Signed up for the AMG Challenge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Signed up for the AMG Challenge

Hi,

I just signed up for the amg challenge. I was however put on the wait list at #12 for the pocono raceway in PA.

Can anybody on the board who has been to these events comment. I chose the location because it is ideal for me but there are 3 other locations that are still open and if it is worth it I will book there and fly over there.

Thanks.

Prasith
Old 02-06-2004, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you have a list of dates and locations? Is it only available to US owners? Sadly, there is no AMG challenge in Canada.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:36 AM
dfc

03' C32, 98' Civic EX
Hey Prasith32, I was informed by the New Country regarding this event a while ago. I am kind of tempted to try it out as well. Which level did you choose? How come there is a wait list for the one held in PA? Is it because there are overwhelmingly amount of people signed up?
Old 02-06-2004, 11:47 AM

Harris,

You can call or register via the website. I don't think it matters if you are US or canada. Even though when I talked to them they said they charge Canadians more . Just kidding.

If you want to sign up it is 1k for the normal, 1.5 for the graduate. The graduate is if you have already been to racing school and have done some track events. The graduate seems to be open more so I may do that if I don't get into this.

If you want to register you can call them at 1.866.207.6653 or go to http://www.mbevents.com/intro.asp and enter the code amg999.

Hope that helps and Thanks for your email I will reply back to you this evening.

Prasith
Old 02-06-2004, 11:56 AM

DFC,

Unfortunately these sell out fast. I registered basically a week and a half after I found out about it and only a few of them are still open.

They are the one in Las Vegas, Texas (near dallas), and Miami. Unfortunately almost all of the tracks are almost an hr drive away from the major cities.

Since these events are in the middle of the week and they start early in the morning I would miss out at least 3 days with the travel time and that messes up my work schedule.

The one in Pocono is about 3.5 hrs drive from where we live so that is why I chose it and I don't have to worry about flights etc. However it seemed to have sold out faster than the super bowl probably because it is 1.5 hrs from NYC.

One of the main reasons I want to go is I want to see what is really the best handling AMG vehicle especially in a track setting. Though it seems expensive when I was in Cali I rented an SL55 for a day to take it up to the canyons and that ran me around 800 so 1k for all the amg cars is not that bad. I have had my sights set on the clk55 for a while and I want to see if it is in fact better than my c32.

Look at my post above if you want to register or pm me.

Prasith
Old 02-06-2004, 02:02 PM

Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 360 C.S.
PRASITH32,
i did that last june, it's fun. i did it in Limerock Park, CT. I got in early cuz I got the email like eight months prior to it.
if you're fortunate to be close to one of the locations i suggest you do it.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:12 PM

2002 C32
i just signed up too!!

i just went to the site and signed up for the AMG challenge in Fontana, CA. I guess it is a bit east from LA. All you So Cal people go ahead and sign up. I'm only number 3 on the wait list so there should be a good chance to get in.