C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c32 buying advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
c32 buying advise

Looking at a 01 c32 amg with 160K . the owners are bringing the car to me , what should i inspect for ? I know the more complete the service records the better , but what should i look for or listen for on initial inspection ? Not going to be able to get a glycol test done this time , just wondering what else should be on my visual check list ? thank you for your time in advance
Old 01-03-2016, 03:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C32 amg
U can look at what type of rad it has, its on right hand side of rad and it will have date and brand as well, and squeaks cmg from pullies, look at crank pulley to see if it has wobble, Check drivers seat moves forward backwards and telescope steering wheel, turn signals working. Make sure it goes like stink lol check IC pump
Old 01-03-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
thank you . what model and dates am i looking for on the rad ? how will i know the IC pump is working ? again thnx
Old 01-03-2016, 04:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C32 amg
Drive car hard if it doesn't even spin the tires with track off, sc isn't engaging, I forget abt the rad I think if build date is after 02,09 or if it's been replaced with behr it's good, u have to double check the dates, it might have the new version of valeo rad it will be after a certain date.
Research the date on this forum
Old 01-04-2016, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
You can do a search and find everything you want to know about this subject.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c32
BRING A FLASHLIGHT! Its always best to see the car when its cold and do your inspection as it warms up to operating temperature. Inspect paint for inconsistencies and door, trunk, and engine sills for overspray. The more maintenance documents the car has the better, read every single one. If your able to jack it up or run it up on some ramps that's awesome, check link arms, sway bar bushings, cv boots and axles, exhaust and whatever is exposed. Check for uneven tread wear. Be sure you know the difference between the valeo radiator and the behr replacement. With the hood open look at the back of the radiator closely on the passenger side of the vehicle, the transmission cooling lines run into the radiator there and if they are leaking that's a red flag. You can also stop the car on a slight incline and while in Drive release the brake, the car should remain stationary. If the car rolls backwards that could mean torque converter damage. Check the idler pulley and make sure its not bouncing around if it is that means it will need to be replaced. The 2001-2003(early) year c32s are the years with the bad valeo brand radiator. I don't have the vin numbers affected but im sure that info is available somewhere. When the engine is off and on a level surface scroll through your dash menu until you get to the engine oil check and make sure that it says o.k. I highly advise you take it to a Mercedes mechanic or a proper dealership and have it inspected. If you can remove the engine covers underneath the car that's also ideal and inspect for any oil leaks. I hope this helps, good luck with your search. Expect maintenance whenever you buy a vehicle with that mileage.