Upper Coolant Hose Y-Coupler cracke leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Upper Coolant Hose Y-Coupler cracke leak

Anyone know where to find a replacement plactic Y-coupler or connector piece that connects the rubber upper cooling hoses and coolant reservoir hose ? I am not sure what its called, nor could i find a part number but have attached pictures....

One of plastic tubes from this y-coupler that inserts into the rubber hose leading to the coolant reservoir cracked and broke off (i accidentally laid on it and it cracked while i was doing something in the engine bay) and it was then leaking fluid everywhere.

I was able to use a needle nose pliers to pull out the half inch of broken plastic still stuck in the hose going to the coolant reservoir . There is about a quarter inch of plastic tube remaining on the y-coupler where it broke (see attached photos) and i was able to slide the rubber hose back on and attach the hose from the coolant reservoir with a small clamp that i tightened and seems snug.

So far this isnt leaking after a couple hours of moderate driving, but am guessing that hard driving might cause that line to come off since the clamp only has about a quarter inch of plastic to hold on to compared to the full 1/2 inch or so that was on originally before it broke???

This is the entire hose assembly but i was hoping to buy just the Y-coupler connector plastic part, or maybe my fix will hold????

http://www.mboemparts.com/auto-parts...ber=2035010782
Attached Thumbnails Upper Coolant Hose Y-Coupler cracke leak-img_1235.jpg   Upper Coolant Hose Y-Coupler cracke leak-y-coupler-clamp.jpg  
Old 03-09-2016, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Update - the clamp I put on is working with no leaks even with just a quarter inch of plastic tube inserted into the coolant hose for the clamp to squeeze on to. That's after about 20 hard pulls on the Chicago expressway.... Keeping my fingers crossed.