C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Stalling And Idle Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 08:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 E55
C55 Stalling And Idle Problem

Yesterday was driving and check engine light came on. Went to o Reilly's and they pulled up a code for the secondary air pump, did some research and people say it not a big deal..they say the car won't run perfect but you can hardly notice a difference so I thought whatever.

The next day I drove and as I was doing a hard breaking on a turn the car completely shut off. Drove it back home and noticed when I started the car back up it was idling funny. The needle would move up and down repeadly below 1,000 rpms and felt like it kept wanting to stall.

I took it for a ride again and stomped on the pedal and did a hard breaking again and it stalled and did the same thing with the rpms. So now I'm driving back home and get close to a stop sign (hard breaking again) and stalled again! I went up the street a little to try soft breaking and it didn't stall..but I can tell it wanted to.

Came home and removed all the sensors and sprayed them with electric contact and checked my k&n's but they were fine. Tomorrow I'm planning on cleaning out the throttle body and the maf. I'm thinking and hoping its that. Anybody fimiliar with this problem? I can post videos if you'd like just let me know.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:48 PM

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Sounds like what mine did when the CPS (crank position sensor) went.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:30 AM

03 E55
Originally Posted by L8 apex
Sounds like what mine did when the CPS (crank position sensor) went.
Would that throw out a code on a scanner or more on a star diagnostics
Old 04-03-2016, 05:27 AM

03 E55
UPDATE: I removed the maf cleaned it, also cleaned the throttle body. The car hasn't stalled and the rpms aren't as worse but the needle still moves and when the car is stopped at a light or stop sign it seems like it wants to stall still but it doesn't. Guess time to take it for a star