C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Rubber Door strip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C32 amg
Rubber Door strip

Does anyone know how the rubber on the bottom of the doors come off ?
Thanks in advance
Old 04-04-2016, 08:48 AM

C32 amg
Originally Posted by Morphh
Does anyone know how the rubber on the bottom of the doors come off ?
Thanks in advance
They held on by glue I took heat gun then just pull off, if anyone else needs to know, had to repair some rust bottom of door 2 small spots
The following users liked this post:
jvakos (04-10-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Morph - hey man. after you pulled off those lower front door rubber weather strips ( or what ever they're called) could you re-use them when you put them back on or did you have to buy a new replacement?

I have rust spots on my lower driver door and passenger door and need to pull that rubber strip off to sand off the rust and then paint over (doing myself) and was wondering what was involved with removing and reinstalling that weather strip.

...Looks like these are the replacement rubber weatherstrip parts??? even if i have to replace with new they arent too expensive.

http://www.mboemparts.com/auto-parts...ber=2036907482
Old 04-11-2016, 08:36 AM

C32 amg
Originally Posted by jvakos
Morph - hey man. after you pulled off those lower front door rubber weather strips ( or what ever they're called) could you re-use them when you put them back on or did you have to buy a new replacement?

I have rust spots on my lower driver door and passenger door and need to pull that rubber strip off to sand off the rust and then paint over (doing myself) and was wondering what was involved with removing and reinstalling that weather strip.

...Looks like these are the replacement rubber weatherstrip parts??? even if i have to replace with new they arent too expensive.

http://www.mboemparts.com/auto-parts...ber=2036907482
U can reuse u need special glue, I just finished 3 rust spots can't even tell, u have to use heat gun to heat glue and pull from one end straight off gentley, then body work, then clean area always use alcohol not what we drink, then put adhesive on both inside the rubber moulding and the bottom of door, wait 5 mins for glue to get tacky then push moulding back on.
Hope that helps diagram #4 moulding
Once heated up pull from the one end u can grab keep gentley pulling it right off don't push it back on other wise it will bend moulding wrong way it will kink

Last edited by Morphh; 04-11-2016 at 08:40 AM.