C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Coolant problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 10:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 E55
C55 Coolant problem

Just bought a c55 with130k miles (lady driver never tortured) Coolant started leaking drops so I refilled it a little, drove it and hit it pretty hard. I pulled up home and it started leaking more. I filled it up again and it was leaking for around 5 mins then comeptly stopped but the leak was going all the way down the drivers side cover.

No leak on hoses from the top but I haven't checked the bottoms..guessing it's coming from somewhere there and start leaking when I push the car too hard and I'm guessing torturing the car after buying it from someone who didn't torture the car did it also
Old 04-13-2016, 03:41 AM
JSL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C55
Check the radiator, mine had a tiny crack in it and needed to be replaced. Also, make sure there's no evidence of water/coolant by the firewall on the driver's side (below and around the wipers). There's a cheaply made plastic pipe/junction under the wiper cowl that sends coolant to the heater core. That part can crack or completely break and cause coolant to come gushing out. Hopefully, it's neither of the two and just a hose because the radiator is pricey and the plastic pipe is cheap but a pain in the *** to get to.

Last edited by JSL; 04-13-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:11 PM

C55
My car started losing coolant soon after I bought it. For me, three of the bolts that held on the oil cooler (by the oil filter housing) were loose and the 4th was missing.

Tightened / replaced the missing one and I've been good to go since.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:39 PM

Mercedes C55 AMG, MB GLE400, Porsche 997, Ford Focus ST, Honda Accord
The best to find where you lose Coolant is to pressurize the system and you will find out quickly where the leak is. Harbor freight has a pretty good one tool set to pressurize coolant circuit.