C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Oil Change Dilemma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c55 AMG
Oil Change Dilemma

I bought my 2006 C55 AMG this past June. I have been lurking on the forums for awhile now. I've searched the forums for awhile, but apparently not hard enough. I went to change my oil last night and I can't find any good information really. Most of the posts are too old so the pictures aren't there anymore. Long story short I would like to change my oil from the bottom of the engine. Ive seen it on the forums that there are 2 drain plug bolts. I could only locate one and its damn near covered by the front sway bar. My engine is the M113 model. Can someone please point me in the direction of a good DIY for my engine. If not what model MITYVAC extractors are people using? More than likely I will have to extract it from the top. Not too happy since this damn oil change is going to be right around $160.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by bennersbenz
I bought my 2006 C55 AMG this past June. I have been lurking on the forums for awhile now. I've searched the forums for awhile, but apparently not hard enough. I went to change my oil last night and I can't find any good information really. Most of the posts are too old so the pictures aren't there anymore. Long story short I would like to change my oil from the bottom of the engine. Ive seen it on the forums that there are 2 drain plug bolts. I could only locate one and its damn near covered by the front sway bar. My engine is the M113 model. Can someone please point me in the direction of a good DIY for my engine. If not what model MITYVAC extractors are people using? More than likely I will have to extract it from the top. Not too happy since this damn oil change is going to be right around $160.
The two drain plugs are separated by the rack about 3-5 inches apart. If the rack didnt split it, there wouldn't be a need for two plugs. Me thinks you're in the wrong spot.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c55 AMG
Originally Posted by L8 apex
The two drain plugs are separated by the rack about 3-5 inches apart. If the rack didnt split it, there wouldn't be a need for two plugs. Me thinks you're in the wrong spot.
Yeah Im pretty confuse because now im looking at a parts diagram and only see one oil drain plug bolt listed.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by L8 apex
What the? No they're not

One plug is on the driver side right over the swaybar (you found this one)
The other plug (the main one) is at the back of the oil crankcase, facing the rear of the vehicle. Slightly closer to the driver side of the vehicle, just in front of the transmission
Old 10-20-2016, 08:25 PM

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by Viper98912
What the? No they're not

One plug is on the driver side right over the swaybar (you found this one)
The other plug (the main one) is at the back of the oil crankcase, facing the rear of the vehicle. Slightly closer to the driver side of the vehicle, just in front of the transmission
My fault then. Last change the dealer did with the rear main seal replacement and I am obviously not remembering my own car correctly.

Hell, I remembered the swaybar being the steering rack, so yeah.