Intermittent sound...now nothing from COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
Intermittent sound...now nothing from COMAND

so I have the midcityengineering Bluetooth and all the sudden started getting some intermittent sound from the radio in conjunction with the cell signal symbol on the screen going in and out making me the the BT module was to blame.
Now all sound and the Cell signal symbol is gone. Also noticed the Sirius doesn't show up anymore. Removed the BT unit from the MOST and still no sound and the Sirius is still not showing up which got me confused. So I removed Sirius from the MOST and still nothing. Removed my Linguantronics and still nothing. Only other thing I can figure on the MOST is the amp.
Does this sound like an amp issue to anyone? The intermittent sound and then the complete loss of sound and everything else on the MOST.
anyway to test it without just replacing it?
Old 01-17-2017, 07:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
I know on my stock system if any part isn't working the system doesn't produce sound if they are part of the fiber optics. I used a MOST Loop connector closing the loop to the CD Changer and the system worked, telling me the CD changer was bad. I don't know if the Amp is on the fiber optic wiring. Does your HU turn on? just no sound? Thats what mine was doing.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ya it turns on. And I know the system does this that's why I started testing the components. I did them all but the amp as I wasn't feeling like removing the amp as the connections are on the bottom. So I was wondering if anyone else had a failing amp and what were the precursors before I remove the whole thing. Can't really test the amp as with it out of the system I would have no sound anyway! Lol
Old 01-22-2017, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well was hoping for a bit more. I know someone on here has had an amp die on them. Just wanna know symptoms and how you found out
Old 02-03-2017, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gofisch
I know on my stock system if any part isn't working the system doesn't produce sound if they are part of the fiber optics. I used a MOST Loop connector closing the loop to the CD Changer and the system worked, telling me the CD changer was bad. I don't know if the Amp is on the fiber optic wiring. Does your HU turn on? just no sound? Thats what mine was doing.
Yes the HU turns on. No sound. and the amp is on the loop. That's how the HU speaks to the amp.