New Transmission options for the C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63
New Transmission options for the C55

Hey Guys

I brought my car to the dealership last week after hearing a faint whine while driving to work that morning. It increased with speed. Sounded like it was coming from right front but it reminded me of the sound my front pump made on my c32 when it was going. Let the tech listen who assured me it was the waterpump. He proceeded to replace the waterpump but i was unable to pick up the car. I had them drive it for a day and make sure the noise was gone. He told me it was nice and quiet now. Picked it up yesterday and got about a block before the whine came on very loud. By the time i got back to the dealership, it was in limp mode and the pump was screaming. The shop foreman asked me what the sound was. I said sounds like front pump is going or the tranny has no fluid. he revved it once on the drive and confirmed front pump. They are recommending a whole transmission although when this went on my c32, i replaced the hydroelectric plate, front pump, and torque converter without issue. anyone do this before? anyone use something other than 722.636 like the 722.643 ? does this trans work with a c55?
Old 03-03-2017, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG
My c55 started to whine today too, though I have yet to check it, hopefully my problem is just low power steering fluid as the whine is present and loudest when I turn the wheel. The whine comes and goes, when it does whine the steering feels heavier.

What does the car feel like when you're driving it and it's whining? Any smell? Is it a constant whine that doesn't go away?