C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Clicking and maybe sparking to left of the engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLA 45 AMG
Clicking and maybe sparking to left of the engine

Just returned from the shop where they "reset all my adaptations" because my "service due in x days" was on when it was just serviced. (not sure why they didn't do that when they serviced it but they tried to charge me $57 today)

pull into the garage and lower my windows and hear clicking.

When I start the car the clicking is fast, then it slows to a steady state. I popped the hood and thought the belt was hitting something. But then I saw what looked like sparks at the yellow metal piece in the picture.

I don't know what that is and I'm panicking a bit and afraid to turn the car back on. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance,
~Marci

UPDATE: I think it's a fuel injector that came completely unplugged!! or actually I'm wondering if it's a spark plug...Waiting for the mechanic to call me back. Hopefully it's something I can just plug back in?? that piece upon closer and cooler inspection is hanging down. I believe i can see where it should be. I'm half wondering if that kid that reset it didn't loosen it because he was mad that I complained about the $57

I saw sparks and completely panicked. Ugh.

Last edited by AMGVice; 03-16-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 03-16-2017, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLA 45 AMG
It was a spark plug wire that came unplugged somehow. Plugged back in and so far seems to be ok. Fingers crossed.