C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

RED LINE Water Wetter (Any body used it)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 and 98 C5 Vert
RED LINE Water Wetter (Any body used it)

I was looking for the intercooler resevour and it looks like it is part of the Normal Engine Coolant. I have a bottle and cant figure out where to put it to help with the intercooler. Any help or pictures of the intercooler resevour would be helpfull.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 Mods

Unless is a proven mod... don't touch your car... (adding a "little" here and there... )

From my experience... everytime you change something... something else will yield and/or will need an upgrade... there are some posts on such matters answered by Mr tom @ evosport... take a look at their mods...

BUT... I am always conservative... that is my 2 cents...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 04-28-2004, 08:58 PM

SLK32
Redline Water Wetter is a proven product, it reduces surface tension in your cooling system which reduces coolant temps. Just be aware that if you use it you need to flush your cooling system once a year. Will it add HP, I would not expect any increase.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:12 PM

C32 and 98 C5 Vert
I am not looking for a increase in power, just a quicker more efficent cooling of the intercooler. I have noticed that sometimes it runs like a raped ape and other times it can not break the tires loose. Also on long drives, it should impove performance.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are looking for lower temps, run Water Wetter alone with water. Do not add any coolant as this will just raise the temps and defeat the purpose. You will loose the anti-corrosive properties of the coolant though. That is why the more frequent flushing is important. Most racers will flush twice a year as routine.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
IC cooling

I used to use about 30% antifreeze, Redline water wetter, with the balance just water, in my old mustang. It works pretty well, especially since 32 degrees is a pretty rare occurance here in the dead of winter.

For the C32 IC, you need a seperated cooling system to really benefit, separate reservoir, then you could just use Redline water weter, water and a little corrosion inhibitor.

I think a better IC cooling radiator and maybe a bigger pump would help even more.

Last edited by m444; 04-29-2004 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
i...

I added water wetter about 2 months ago, as an aide in reducing IC heat soak on sustained hard running.

unfortunately I didn't have much seat time before adding so i can't comment on any percieved differences.

i may check out pruven performance (they are right in my town) for a dyno run later in spring. may that would shed some light.

be aware that water wetter and straight h2o will cause surface rusting in hrs. except i think we have all alumium alloy block and head no? this offers the most effective implementation.

R&T or car& driver did and article about 1-2 yrs back about advanced coolants. there was one in particular (can't remember it's name) that was developed for us marines boats operating in the warm waters of vietnam. the coolant was able to more effectively transfer heat..........lent the mag to my buddy who races scca ita and he never returned. i'll try to get it back and post more informatively. otherwise googling by relevant search criteria may pull up info.