C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C230K Coupe Headlight questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
15' CLS400
C230K Coupe Headlight questions

I have a C230K coupe and one of the low-beam headlights went out. On previous cars I would run down to the local pep boys and buy a bulb. My first question is: Can I do the same in this case? To get a bit more technical, I would like to just get two xenon or hyperwhite bulbs and put them in. I have seen posts where if the wattage isn't the same as the stock bulb the computer with complain. First, what is the wattage of the stock bulbs in the C230K coupe? Second, will I be able to find hyperwhite bulbs with the same wattage? and third, if I get higher power bulbs how nice will the dealer be in doing whatever they do with the computer to fix the error that will show up? Thanks all!
Old 04-29-2004, 12:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
15' CLS400
Update on post

Ok, I've called around. Found out it is an H7 bulb (55watt). However, I called the local dealer and they are trying to tell me it must be a "mercedes H7 bulb" or the computer will complain. They said the bulb must be a "nickle plate bulb". Is this a bunch of crock?? I ordered a set of PIAA H7's to replace both bulbs (may as well upgrade). I hope there is no problems. Anyone try PIAA bulbs on their car?