C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
need help

Hello, I am really confused. I plan to have a Wavetrac LSD installed and want to replace the bearings and races but can't find the part . After searching, the only thing I've found makes it sound like Mercedes only sells complete rear ends...
How did this happen?
Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by martin0; 10-28-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 225 Likes on 171 Posts
2003 SL55 / 2002 SLK32
Originally Posted by martin0
Hello, I am really confused. I plan to have a Wavetrac LSD installed and want to replace the bearings and races but can't find the part . After searching, the only thing I've found makes it sound like Mercedes only sells complete rear ends...
How did this happen?
Any help will be appreciated.
HI Martin,
welcome to the forum ... going forward, if you use a more descriptive subject line than "need help", you may get more folks who can help with your issue clicking on your post (for example ... Need help finding part numbers OR ... help finding rear-gear bearings)

It is difficult to give you ANY definitive assistance since you have not listed nor indicated your year and model. There are some models that are hard to find rear-end internals for sure (factory limited slip rears for example), but most standard production rears I have looked up have bearing available. If you call any mercedes dealer and give them your VIN, they can look it up in the EPC and give you the part numbers. Or you can post your VIN here and I can look it up for you.

Cheers,
Chris