C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Starter Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 02:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55, BMW 335d M-Sport
C55 Starter Removal

I've searched around and I haven't seen a writeup or instructions on how to access and remove the start in a C55. I've had the battery tested and it's strong. The crank is very slow and it hardly turns over sometimes. I had two auto stores test the battery and starter, and both of them said the starter is faulty.

I had a look at the starter and it looks like the downpipe needs to come off of the manifold. Do I need to take the whole exhaust pipe off back to the y pipe? Is there anything else that needs to come off once the cat is out of the way?
Old 09-22-2017, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200 W211
C55 Starter

Originally Posted by Nick Janssen
I've searched around and I haven't seen a writeup or instructions on how to access and remove the start in a C55. I've had the battery tested and it's strong. The crank is very slow and it hardly turns over sometimes. I had two auto stores test the battery and starter, and both of them said the starter is faulty.

I had a look at the starter and it looks like the downpipe needs to come off of the manifold. Do I need to take the whole exhaust pipe off back to the y pipe? Is there anything else that needs to come off once the cat is out of the way?
Bro,
It’s a little tricky to remove the Starter.
Don’t need to remove the Exhausts.
The starter can be removed by different angle
You try & you’ll know
Mine Starter replaced