Anybody have this issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
Anybody have this issue?

I turn on my C32 and I had one malfuction low beam right side please check. It went away when I turn off the car and restarted. Any advise?
Old 05-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

G
ya that happend to me a while ago and the msg went away ...no problems ever since then (been almost year)
Old 05-02-2004, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok cool, just want to make sure it's not a big issues.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:34 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
mine was saying the tailight was out some times ago. I checked and restarted the car and it was fine.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 S550 '09 C350 '06 C280
Same thing happened on my S, headlight 'died', then msg went away.

My '02 C had a problem with the tail lights once upon a time but the dealer updated tail to '03, if you have time you might as well get it checked out. I hate malfunction msgs, especially the low fuel one
Old 05-03-2004, 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok sounds good. If it happens again then I will get it check. Thanks for the advise. I hate the gas thing too!!! Everytime I'm low on gas a malfunction comes up.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I took my car in today to have the headlight check, they couldn't duplicate the problem so they just swapped the bulb from right to left. They told me just to monitor it, incase it happens again.

Also had the phone menu option removed.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:47 AM

I just had this problem on my 2003 clk a month ago. It came up twice within a week. The service advisor told me that sometimes the wire/plug (forgot which one) that is connected to the headlight gets loose. He just messed with the wires and havent had a problem since.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:51 AM
I1 ULOOZ

Originally posted by FrankW
mine was saying the tailight was out some times ago. I checked and restarted the car and it was fine.
me 2
Old 05-05-2004, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32's behavior

In situations where driving lights fail, in many cases it is caused by the Xenon Ballast system, the result is that a light bulb goes off, shortly after the light "re-starts" again.. solution" replace the ballast system (dealers know about this problem.
On normal lamps, many times if the light bulbs are not tightened enough, the light will go off and the car will say that a light is off. When I took delivery of my car, tail lights were not working properly... re-adjusting the bulbs, fixed the problem (and warning light in the car’s panel went away)

Wiedermann
Old 05-05-2004, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Wiedermann, the photo attached to your posts below your name, who is it?
Old 05-05-2004, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Mr Vomit:

Originally posted by Vomit
Wiedermann, the photo attached to your posts below your name, who is it?
The picture immediately below my name (as seen under each post) --also known as "Avatar"-- is me (Wiedermann)... I didn't want to "steal" anyone's work done creating their avatars (logos from brands, etc, etc, etc), so I shrunk one of my pics so that it could fit as an avatar and post is it there --not that is gonna win any "avatar" contest.. haha!--.

My wife attended Law school at UC San Diego... probably you (Mr Vomit) and my wife would have "common" grounds to talk about --as you have posted in your profile you are also a lawyer-- ... (for those of us that are not lawyers, but I hear from my wife "hummm... that is a liability"... "oh!!!... that is another liability.."... "law suit here..." law suit there...", etc, etc... that is how lawyers are!!! haha! , though Mr Vomit does have nice posting about his always performing super C32!!!... )

I am still doing some convincing to bring my wife to the gathering this Saturday @ the Rosebowl, but "all motions" have been denied so far!!

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-07-2004, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Tell me about your wife's "briefs"
Old 05-07-2004, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Briefs

Mr Vomit:

My version of "briefs" would be besides having attended Law school at UC San Diego and wanting to litigate against anything and everything , she has now found a new passion... which is being a full time mom!. (so like you have on your profile "yeah, lawyer, married... "kid" ... lol, so are we! ).

Most people in her office sometimes can't accept she is a mom... (that is cause a 5'5" 115lb blonde walking in the offie is not the "perception" of a mother these days for some reason.... )

I can always hope she will remain home ... and deal with the rest of the planet later... at least that is what I tell her.

I am still submitting "motions" to my wife to come to the gathering on Saturday... at least to meet the smaller group that will be caravanning from Westlake Village to the Rosebowl and if she doesn't want to go there, I'll drop her home before we live to the Rosebowl (Saturdays are our family day.. .all day... so I am getting a suuuuper exception here to meet everyone )

I am counting you will bring your "vomit" --that is what I call your car since I don't know what "vomit" stands for... real puke maybe???... or acronym???, you tell me ) over here to the LA area??? I know your car is an smoking beast and some of us (me especially) will only see smoke coming out of your car so see ya at the Rosebowl

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-07-2004, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Very
Old
Man
In
Tights
Old 05-07-2004, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
V.O.M.I.T.

Originally posted by Vomit
Very
Old
Man
In
Tights
omg!... I didn't see that one!...

Ok Mr. Vomito! ... make sure you bring your tights tomorrow!

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-12-2004, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dam having the light problem again. Check right light, but then it goes away and comes back. I will try to take a picture of the error so they know i'm not crazy, it's a intermitent problem.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Bi-Xennons problem

Mr Rareamg:
When I first told the dealer I had a problem with the light that would go off and then on again... again, the service advisor kinda did the "hmmmmmm" thing... which means they think I am high on something or that I am crazy... whelp>??? ... I always carry with my my photo camera and a video camera as you never know what you can run into sometimes... ... whelp???.. one night the car had one light off, I video taped it... and while still video taping the light actually came on and a few minutes later it went off again!!!... whelp??>. .next morning.. un-announced, I showed up at the dealer, pulled my video camera, showed them the little "home video"... my car was written up and taken to service immediately that day without question... (I love my camera and video "evidence" soo much!)
Originally posted by Rareamg
Dam having the light problem again. Check right light, but then it goes away and comes back. I will try to take a picture of the error so they know i'm not crazy, it's a intermitent problem.
I am assuming that you have the Bi-Xenons originally built in your car (not upgraded and so on)... and/or if upgraded, you have the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts.. .and all the fine print that I wont' put on this posing (you have not altered, messed etc with your lighting system and ALL Those things we all hate to see in little tiny letters that no one.. I mean NOONE. not even Mr "Vomito" (that is mr Vomit --lawyer--, also known; as I used to call him before i learned what his name stood up for: Mr Puke)... other assumptions also exist, that all wiring is properly tightened, one light bulb itself is not lose to its plug, etc, etc
If your lights are going on and then off... that is a "known" problem by Mercedes and for that on all HID (High Intensity Discharge) set ups. You have probably seen the same "issue" with normal city lights that you see them turn off all suddenly and after a while, the light comes back on... when it reaches is maximum intensity, then it goes off again... whelp.... the same issue can happen to cars equipped with High Intensity Discharge lights... (Xenon is a registered mark, however is also a High Intensity Discharge Light - HID).. the problem???? the ballast system which acts as a relay to prevent the bulbs from bursting and also that maintains the intensity, blah, blah.. is the device that makes the bulbs work... whelp.. that device called the ballast (there is another part of the system called the "starter" and that only works when the light is turned on), well that ballast is defective and like on the problem on the city lights... the system does "go off"...

Solution:
Dealership has to replace the ballast... it is not necessary to replace the whole system... however, that is optional. I have another car (this problem did not happen on my C32), also brand new (3 months old right now) that had the same exact Xenon's problem... I was given the option to replace the whole system or just replace the ballast... in my case, I opted to have the ballast replaced --since the car is new, and replacing the ballast is easier, quicker than replacing the entire system... besides, if the car kept having the same problem, and the dealership knowing about it, if it continued, they indicated they would replace the whole system--.

If you have “upgraded” your vehicle yourself, then get a replacement ballast component and replace with for the one installed.

After I had my ballast replaced, the problem went away.. have not had a single problem with the lights to date.

Wiedermann
Old 05-12-2004, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mr. Wiedermann thank you for the advice, I will bring it to their attention when I take my car in on tuesday. So far you been a great resource for information, either you have to much time on your hands or your just a benz geek... JK Keep it up!!!

Rareamg.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Too much time on Wiedermann's hands

Mr. Wiedermann thank you for the advice, I will bring it to their attention when I take my car in on tuesday. So far you been a great resource for information, either you have to much time on your hands or your just a benz geek... JK Keep it up!!!

Rareamg.
Mr Rareamg:
You may be right on both comments there!!!...
Most of the service recalls, malfunctions and so on I just get them right from the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Office of Defects Investigation ... they even have a web site for you to research any kind of problems in your vehicle, submit complaints, etc, etc

If anyone is interested to "research" a bit what service bulletins are out there for any vehicle, try the link below (use the section on the right titled: "Select the type of search" which is a wizard that will allow you to get any bulletins for any car in the USA, the left side is used then you already have a case number that you are interested in

US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Office of Defects Investigation

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-14-2004, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

When I took it to the dealer the first time they swapped the bulbs from right to left. I'm still getting the error message. I think it might have to do with the wiring, maybe a loose wire. I'm going to the dealer today, so I keep you posted.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Bi-Xenons deal?

Mr Rareamg:
When I took it to the dealer the first time they swapped the bulbs from right to left. I'm still getting the error message. ...
When you take your car to the dealership, keep in mind what we have already discussed on this issue...

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 05-14-2004, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bi Xenon Light Issue

Here's what the tech said, Ignitor front sam-B1009, Right Front HRA-B2574 Performed short test found codes B1009 in front sam and B2574 in right front HRA. The bulbs were swapped last time in and the failure is still in the right front. Ordered New Headlamp assembly.

I don't know what all the codes mean.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Bi Xenon Light Issue...M. Benz "codes"

Here's what the tech said, Ignitor front sam-B1009, Right Front HRA-B2574 Performed short test found codes B1009 in front sam and B2574 in right front HRA. The bulbs were swapped last time in and the failure is still in the right front. Ordered New Headlamp assembly.

I don't know what all the codes mean.
Mr. Rareamg:
I assuming; and assuming is always is the wrong way to go on things, you told your dealership/inquired/asked about/mentioned to them regarding the ballast system...
Originally posted by Wiedermann
Mr Rareamg:

When you take your car to the dealership, keep in mind what we have already discussed on this issue...

Cheers

Wiedermann
you have all the information on this thread about Xenons... you can replace a light bulb a million times, if the system is defective, the bulb will still fail... (replacing one assembly is not recommended, both should be replaced... anyhow... )...
You can always pray that the one assembly replacement will solve your problem (should've been replaced both... )

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-14-2004, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I see, I will see if they will replace both. I might print this out and show it to them and see if they know about the issue

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody have this issue?