2005 C55 Center Console replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLA 45 AMG
2005 C55 Center Console replacement?

Hi all,

My center console has been in trouble since I bought the car. The lid never worked right and has since broken completely. (Hot Texas sun seems to have made the plastic brittle and it broke underneath kind of spontaneously, of course I had monkeyed with it for months as well when I first got the car)

Been looking for just a lid for it but having no luck. Have even seen the part number from the EPC come up with lids that don't have the three buttons so that's confusing.

Anyway, found a few on eBay. This one looks close but my cupholder looks different and I have a 12volt outlet in the back bottom flap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/192199347273?ul_noapp=true I did verify privately that it has the three buttons, center and each side.

This piece also looks right but I don't know what that is on the back or where that cable goes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-C23...19.m1438.l2649

Anybody want to weigh in with opinions on whether either of these is correct and how hard it would be to replace? Or advice on where else to look?

I'd love to have a center console that actually has storage or at least one where the lid is attached...I could never get into the bottom storage and now the lid is completely unattached and loose. Couple that with my screen that sometimes shows me double images and sometimes crazy colors and my interior is absolutely rocking.

Thanks for any help,
~Marci
Old 10-17-2017, 04:28 PM

Received 116 Likes on 88 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
The 2nd listing is what you want. The cabling may be for a BT puck or something else not needed. I have two buttons under the console lid, one with a wrench and one with an exclamation point on them. They are lit up at night, so that may be the cables. I can't imagine they're needed anymore though.

Last edited by Accidental L8 apex; 10-17-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: unautocorrected my phone's BS
The following users liked this post:
AMGVice (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 04:31 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Thank you! I realized that the part of mine that is broken is just the top part, with the buttons, so just the access to the small space. I'll have to figure out how to get the rest of the old lid off should I purchase that one.

And I was thinking the cables might be for those buttons also. I bet I could just cut those.

Thanks again!
~Marci
Old 10-18-2017, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
Originally Posted by AMGVice
Thank you! I realized that the part of mine that is broken is just the top part, with the buttons, so just the access to the small space. I'll have to figure out how to get the rest of the old lid off should I purchase that one.

And I was thinking the cables might be for those buttons also. I bet I could just cut those.

Thanks again!
~Marci
As far as I can tell you will have to remove the entire console. Then there are screws on the bottom if the upper section that you have to remove to A. get to the wires and B. get to the hinge for the lid.
The following users liked this post:
AMGVice (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 05:27 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Oooh. Well that will be tricky. I just watched the video of how to start removing the console and apparently you have to access the big storage compartment to unscrew bolts in there. I can't get to mine. The bottom part of my lid is stuck (the top is the part that broke entirely off). LOL, so I guess step one is going to be to figure out how to get the rest of the armrest/lid unstuck!! I won't be spending any $$ I guess, until I get that far!!
Old 10-19-2017, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oooh. Well that will be tricky. I just watched the video of how to start removing the console and apparently you have to access the big storage compartment to unscrew bolts in there. I can't get to mine. The bottom part of my lid is stuck (the top is the part that broke entirely off). LOL, so I guess step one is going to be to figure out how to get the rest of the armrest/lid unstuck!! I won't be spending any $$ I guess, until I get that far!!
I'm in Austin if you need help. Ill probably be at the dripping springs cars and coffee at the end of the month and could take a look then.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:54 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Whelp, someone bought that cover off eBay so I'll have to find another. < was it one of you guys?? >

I downloaded the Ebay pics he had up and those had views that may help me get it off. I can see on the bottom that the sides are different. I'm going to study them and see what I can do.

And decide how much I want to pay. Thanks for the offer, though, that's very kind! One of these days I'll find you at one. Probably up north at the Oasis. I'm in NW Austin and hate to drive. (See what I did there?? )

~Marci
Old 10-19-2017, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whelp, someone bought that cover off eBay so I'll have to find another. < was it one of you guys?? >

I downloaded the Ebay pics he had up and those had views that may help me get it off. I can see on the bottom that the sides are different. I'm going to study them and see what I can do.

And decide how much I want to pay. Thanks for the offer, though, that's very kind! One of these days I'll find you at one. Probably up north at the Oasis. I'm in NW Austin and hate to drive. (See what I did there?? )

~Marci
HA. I have all but stopped going to the Oasis CAC. They are over run with people revving in the garage and doing burnouts in the surrounding neighborhoods so the cops are in force now. If you have dark tint or no front license plate I suggest you stay clear of that one.

Last edited by insame1; 10-20-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:24 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Yikes!! Good to know.