C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Question for Vomit

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Capri Blue C32
Question for Vomit

Vomit (or anyone else that knows),

I know you've said that replacing the spark plugs was a pretty tough job, but I'm hoping that replacing the wires is easier....is it? I just ordered the Magnecor KV85 and I want to do it myself--just the wires, no plugs.

Also, would the new red wires send a red flag to MB when the car is in for maintenance? It doesn't make sense that ignition wires would void a warranty, but not everything MB does makes sense.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Replacing wires

The wires will be easier than the plugs, but, doing it the first time, you should still plan to be occupied for an hour or so. You will still need to remove the airboxes. When installing the wires, make sure that you actually feel the wire "click" onto the plug. Most wire-replacement problems are caused by a failure to fully seat the wire on the plug.

As far as MBZ's view on aftermarket plug wires. . . I have no idea. Again, this has been discussed many times before, but, to deny a warranty claim, MBZ would have to show that your mod (in this case, plug wires) caused some problem or failure in the car. This seems a little farfetched.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Capri Blue C32
Thanks Vomit. I also bought all the parts for the SL55 intake upgrade so I'll do them both at the same time and save some work.