C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 dyno with EC tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
2006 C55
C55 dyno with EC tune

My Mopar club (yes, a Mopar guy at heart) had a toy drive at Speedtek yesterday. Dyno testing was available. I held off doing my tune until I was was at the dyno. I wanted to see some before and after numbers. Well, I got them.

The tune was hardly impressive but to be perfectly honest, I asked them to lay it out with the shorty headers and high flow cats in mind. At this time the exhaust work has not been done and it's still breathing through factory manifolds. The only prep work was to verify clean stock air filters and my typical tank of 93 octane. The fuel tank never sees anything less.

We tied the car to the dyno, noted the 67 degree air temp, put the car in dyno mode, and made a pull in 4th gear manual mode. Then, while the car was still strapped down I connected the cables, uploaded the tune, and made the second pull.

The results were a strong stock dyno result and a whopping 2 hp increase at peak with the tune. Numbers elsewhere in the curve were up 8-10 but were essentially nothing I would ever feel on the street. At this point I am fairly disappointed but will reserve final judgement until after the headers and cats are installed. I'm certain the shorties will not make a notable difference but the cats should wake things up a little bit.

I must say that I do not know what the stock A/F ratio looks like since they did not have the O2 sensor in the exhaust for the first run but I do see the low rpm ratio being leaner than I like under load. That adds a bit of HP but I hope there's more going on than that.
Please understand that I do not harbor any ill will towards Eurocharged. I knew I would not see a major increase and I am not running in the condition I specified in the tune purchase. Keep in mind that I am familiar with programming EFI systems and have had to build a variety of tunes for my old 1965 Plymouth. It was a street car running a twin turbocharged 440 with 120 lb injectors, 1700 cfm throttle body, my one-off tunnel ram intake, and was fueled through an Electromotive TEC II distributorless EFI system. Yes, I've fought the tuning fight first hand.

Last edited by feets; 11-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:52 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Your test is flawed. The ecu takes time to adapt, if you would have made a few more runs you would see more improvement per run.

Also if Tuned for headers and don’t have headers you will not see a toned change as the car is assuming different air ratios.

Strap her her down again after install and a few runs on the street and then you will see some change!
The following users liked this post:
ecmexchange (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
Originally Posted by loungn14
Your test is flawed. The ecu takes time to adapt, if you would have made a few more runs you would see more improvement per run.

Also if Tuned for headers and don’t have headers you will not see a toned change as the car is assuming different air ratios.

Strap her her down again after install and a few runs on the street and then you will see some change!
Agreed. Give it some more time.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C55 AMG
I have EC tune with Kleemann mid length and the gains are pretty damn noticeable. I will have to do a dyno now to show before and after results.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:13 PM

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
2006 C55
I've been driving the car daily. Something I've noticed is that they bumped the throttle response a bit. That makes it hard to tell if there was a noticeable increase in performance or if I'm just feeling the quasi-Sprint Booster effect.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not disparaging the tune. The full effect will not be known until I get the exhaust work done.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:33 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
You don't gain heaps of HP but the torque is very noticeable, are you sure the tune loaded correctly? I had mine on stock headers. Other dynos I have seen have a large jump in the low-mid rpm band.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:53 AM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
Actually,,
Do you know if the car hasnīt been tuned before?
As you say, a strong 'stock' curve.

They usually gives about 280ish on the wheels stock.