C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Guess whos the newest W203 owner on the board!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the AMG man

Hope to see new shoes from it soon
Old 05-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Banned

BS
honson,

congrats borther! I lost my phone, and got my replacement a few days ago, with no numbers in it. I need yours again, so give me a call sometime! Anyways, that is sick man, let the modding begin! I sold the red car and the cayenne S now, and got into a Cayenne Turbo, so we both have some modding to do, with the same company! Believe it or not, I am talking to Hartmut about doing the tuning on my Cayenne Turbo! HAHA RENNTech Porsche.. Anyways, call me soon and hope you make it back up here quickly so we can go terrorize this boring city.

Harris
Old 05-10-2004, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Sweet, congratulations!!!!! Welcome to the club!
Old 05-10-2004, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally posted by RENNTECH36
honson,

congrats borther! I lost my phone, and got my replacement a few days ago, with no numbers in it. I need yours again, so give me a call sometime! Anyways, that is sick man, let the modding begin! I sold the red car and the cayenne S now, and got into a Cayenne Turbo, so we both have some modding to do, with the same company! Believe it or not, I am talking to Hartmut about doing the tuning on my Cayenne Turbo! HAHA RENNTech Porsche.. Anyways, call me soon and hope you make it back up here quickly so we can go terrorize this boring city.

Harris

definately bro.... lets go do this!! I am reserving my set of 18" monolites first... i figure that 18s are a good medium b/w performance and styling!!! Im sure I can "borrow" a set of 19s when time comes for a carshow!!! Anyways, I will call you as soon as i post this!! But after tomorrow, let the modding begin!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally posted by ChrisC32
Sweet, congratulations!!!!! Welcome to the club!
thank you... I know so many C32s in S. FL now that we have to have a meet soon!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 10:06 PM

'02 C32 AMG
Originally posted by BenzoAMGpower
thank you... I know so many C32s in S. FL now that we have to have a meet soon!!!
good idea
Old 05-10-2004, 10:07 PM

C32 is far more tunable!!
There's no way C32 is far more tunable than C55

Kleemann SC'ed w210 E55 550 hp with 349 base hp
New C55 SC'ed with base ~360hp supercharged will be ~550+hp

I don't know why, but evosport isn't updating info on tuning for c32 on its website for a long long time. Im not sure how many hp is stage 2 and 3 ( if there is 1, i think there is ) and headers and no idea about pricing as well.

Anyways, i really doubt you will be able to get same amount of hp with those upgrades.

What im sure about is how everyone on mbwolrd.org is satisfied with Kleemann systems and i think its going to be more realible than anything else.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
for the amount of money you spend, the C32 with lower compression is a better bang for the buck to tune!!! putting a kompii on the C55 will make it nose-heavier and handle like a pig not to mention cost an arm and a leg!!! Trust me, $15k goes a LONG WAY with the C32!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:40 PM

for the amount of money you spend, the C32 with lower compression is a better bang for the buck to tune!!! putting a kompii on the C55 will make it nose-heavier and handle like a pig not to mention cost an arm and a leg!!! Trust me, $15k goes a LONG WAY with the C32!!!
So first of all you agree that c32 is not far more tunable than c55 right?

All you are saying is that you can get more hp for $$ with c32. I mentioned Kleemann company as 1 of the leaders in MB tuning and we all know that quality comes with the price. There's an HPS company that also makes superchargers for 5.5l engines and they cost much less than Kleemann. Here a quote from their website:

"HPS carries a four-year, 48,000 factory warranty. Your warranty covers all effected drive train parts and engine components. (See our warranty for more information.)

Cost for the HPS supercharger system is $6,995 US dollars, additional $1,500 for
installation. Optional warranty $500."
I don't think its gonna take them long time to come up with 1 for c-class.

BTW does evosport pulley comes with the warranty?

Now about gaining weight with sc system. I have no idea how much Kleemann sc weights, but lets say 100 pounds.

C32 curb weight is 3540lb ( by edmunds.com)
AMG was bragging that with v8 c55 weights only 10lb's more than c32. => 3550

Lets pretend its 50/50 balanced ( we all know its not true )
=>

3550/2 => 1775 front , lets add 100 pounds now, increase in only 5.6% of the weight. Question is now will you be able to even feel that? Hmm .. may be. Are you such a skilled driver to use 5% advantage at the track? I doubt it. Will C55 with cs handle like a pig comparing with c32? NO!

( this is so far away from reality, i don't know the weight balance of c32, i know that Kleemann sc will be fitted on top of engine. so all the additional weight will be fairly high and make c55 handle even worse, but i also doubt that sc weights 100lb's, i think less. So if anyone with the right numbers and tech data will be able to make my calculations right, will be greatly appreciated. I think in the end the right number wouldn't be far away from 5.5%)

Can you post please how with 15k in engine mods on you upcoming c32 you will get to the same power point as with sc'ed c55?
I mean mods and pricing ( you probably did some reseach on that ).

P.S. sorry guys for improper English, doing my best
Old 05-11-2004, 04:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Congrats benzoAMGpower!! Good to see another modfreak jump on the W203
Old 05-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

You can SC a C55 for LESS than $15K giving you 530HP. Go to stage 4 for $20,000 and your looking at 600+ HP. You'll never get 600+ for $20k with a C32, not to mention the superior torque a V8 makes compared to a V6. Nose heavy and handle like a pig? Funny, with the 200+ KLEEMANN SC'd cars on the road, I have never had that complaint.....but what do I know right?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Banned

BS
brn2bn1 and coryU,
I dont think you realize this, but Honson deals specially with RENNTech so Kleemann, Evosport, and HPS are way out of the picture. Regardless, Benzo is plopping down the 50+K, so let him do what he wants. I think that the C32 was a wise option. I know what he plans on doing to his C32, and he should make some VERY decent numbers on an engine that is already supercharged, with low compression. ANyone can supercharge an 8 cylinder and make all sorts of HP, but wouldnt it be funny if a factory supercharged 6 cylinder did almost as well. I think so.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by RENNTECH36
brn2bn1 and coryU,
I dont think you realize this, but Honson deals specially with RENNTech so Kleemann, Evosport, and HPS are way out of the picture. Regardless, Benzo is plopping down the 50+K, so let him do what he wants. I think that the C32 was a wise option. I know what he plans on doing to his C32, and he should make some VERY decent numbers on an engine that is already supercharged, with low compression. ANyone can supercharge an 8 cylinder and make all sorts of HP, but wouldnt it be funny if a factory supercharged 6 cylinder did almost as well. I think so.
My point was not to flame, rather clarify a few things. If Benzo is happy with his decision (obviously he is), then more power to him. All I'm saying is, in the end, I believe the V8 car will be faster. To each his own...
Old 05-11-2004, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Cory, If i was going to purchase a C55 and supercharge it, id rather wait a couple months and get a used 03 or 04 E55!!! Also, I don think that the Kleeman system will put out the claimed 500+ hp without changing the internals on the n/a 5.4L and bumping down the compression. You also fail to do your research and see that the C55 has a 11.0 compression compared to the W210s 5.4L M113 with a 10.5 compression. Higher compression, less boost the motor can take, less boost, less power when boosted. Simple as that.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:23 PM

2003 C32 AMG
bang for the buck

I think bang for the buck, the C32 is more of a value then the C55 or CLK55 for that matter.

Putting a pulley, chip, intake and headers from evosport for around 5k, and youve got some serious power. cant do the same for a 55.

Now if you CAN spend 15k on performance mods then of course a kleemann supercharger is the must choice for a C55.

And Im sure Cory must know what he is talking about in terms of getting 500+ hp. He works for Kleemann.

Money no object, there is no way a C32 modified is gonna beat a C55 modified.
And that wonderful V8 sound!

okay, I admit it, I am C55 envy. but I do love my C32.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:04 PM

996 Turbo
I wouldn't have touched that C32 without a $10K discount off MSRP....

No offense but the C32s are going to take a MASSIVE dip in resale value the moment people know about the C55s....

Besides most reviewers prefer the C55s....
Old 05-11-2004, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
:: pops in keyboard warrior delux 2.0 CD ROM ::

OK, since Cory works for Kleeman, I want to see a video and dynochart of a W203.5 C55 or W209 CLK55 boosted on a kleeman compressor with STOCK INTERNALS, an 11.0 stock compression and that piggyback system they use put out that 500+ hp he claimed!! Please, I would love to be proven wrong. I am not choosing sides of any tuners here, but facts are facts, and 500+ reliable horsepower w/o the proper tuning and reinforcement sounds like a longshot or a ticking time bomb to me when your dealing with a 11.0 compression M113.

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 05-11-2004 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally posted by FInality
I wouldn't have touched that C32 without a $10K discount off MSRP....

No offense but the C32s are going to take a MASSIVE dip in resale value the moment people know about the C55s....

Besides most reviewers prefer the C55s....
im sure Daimler Chrysler is happy to hear taht seeing that a N/A M113 V8 costs less to produce then a V6 M112 kompressor motor. Rock on and lets let D.C. cut motor costs and make more money. Long live smart advertisement!!!!

::removes keyboard warrior deluxe CD ROM out of drive::

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 05-11-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

:: pops in keyboard warrior delux 2.0 CD ROM ::

OK, since Cory works for Kleeman, I want to see a video and dynochart of a W203.5 C55 or W209 CLK55 boosted on a kleeman compressor with STOCK INTERNALS, an 11.0 stock compression and that piggyback system they use put out that 500+ hp he claimed!! Please, I would love to be proven wrong. I am not choosing sides of any tuners here, but facts are facts, and 500+ reliable horsepower w/o the proper tuning and reinforcement sounds like a longshot or a ticking time bomb to me when your dealing with a 11.0 compression M113.
You'll have your dyno sheet soon enough. We take delivery of our C55 in June (hopefully). KLEEMANN does not do internal modifications and we do not use piggy-back ECU's. I'll be sure to post as soon as it's done- I'll even post dyno's of the individual stages so you can see my "claim" for yourself.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
sorry to jump in the middle of the battle, but CoryU., hows the Evo? i was considering getting one but got a little discouraged when i heared about issues with the clutch, and other complaints.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by ahopeter
sorry to jump in the middle of the battle, but CoryU., hows the Evo? i was considering getting one but got a little discouraged when i heared about issues with the clutch, and other complaints.
Evo is absolutly awesome!!! It's no KLEEMANN car, but it will out handle just about anything on the road. The clutch, trans and transfer case are the weak links though- Mitsu. is having a lot of problems with blown transmissions and T-cases. I haven't had a single problem with mine yet, and I drive the ever loving ***** out of it. I would say, without a doubt, get one! It's very fast out of the box, and very tunable for cheap! Mine's pushing 330 HP with a little more boost (21 PSI), water injection, a ricer air filter, and a Random Technologies 200 cell count cat. Less than $1K invested in go-fast parts. As long as you don't totaly abuse the car (clutch drops and drag-strip launches), I doubt you'll have any problems. Drive it like it was meant to be driven, and it'll last quite a while.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally posted by CoryU
Evo is absolutly awesome!!! It's no KLEEMANN car, but it will out handle just about anything on the road. The clutch, trans and transfer case are the weak links though- Mitsu. is having a lot of problems with blown transmissions and T-cases. I haven't had a single problem with mine yet, and I drive the ever loving ***** out of it. I would say, without a doubt, get one! It's very fast out of the box, and very tunable for cheap! Mine's pushing 330 HP with a little more boost (21 PSI), water injection, a ricer air filter, and a Random Technologies 200 cell count cat. Less than $1K invested in go-fast parts. As long as you don't totaly abuse the car (clutch drops and drag-strip launches), I doubt you'll have any problems. Drive it like it was meant to be driven, and it'll last quite a while.
cool, thanks for the info...tranny issues scare the **** out of me.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally posted by CoryU
You'll have your dyno sheet soon enough. We take delivery of our C55 in June (hopefully). KLEEMANN does not do internal modifications and we do not use piggy-back ECU's. I'll be sure to post as soon as it's done- I'll even post dyno's of the individual stages so you can see my "claim" for yourself.
please do... im waiting for you to prove me wrong!! And I dont know what you are talking about when you say that Kleemand doesnt do internal upgrades b/c that ML55 that was in the article for "worlds fastest SUV", which I do give kudos to, has had the internals upgraded. Not to start a flame war, just deprecating!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Just be happy you got a nice, tunable car.
This forum gets flame happy.
The C55 will be overpriced and the aftermarket will be limited.
Tune the crap outta your C32 and have fun!
Old 05-12-2004, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
point well taken!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guess whos the newest W203 owner on the board!!!!