C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Guess whos the newest W203 owner on the board!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
I now know, when I see more than 50 or so replies to a post, not to take the time to read to the fecal end of the fetid thread rainbow.

Why is it that we are unable to have a lengthy discussion about any subject without the thread degrading into a beotchfest?

Congrats on your car Benzo. I'm with you. . . slapping an SC on a brand new 60K car without upgraded internals sounds like a really bad idea.

While I have always taken the "mod now, worry later" approach to the "What if MBZ screws me on warranty work b/c of my mods?" question, I would have to imagine that a nice big SC sitting in the engine compartment would really be begging for MBZ warranty denial for practically anything mechanical.

Also, as you or someone else pointed out, the last thing that the AMG C-class needs is more weight high and forward. 550 HP is pretty useless if you end up tanking into a guardrail because your car understeers like a greased pig. In fact, the first mod that I would do to your C32 is replace the 63 lb stock battery with a 25-35 lb (depending on your amperage needs) Optima. Also, the Evosport aluminum pulley mod drops 14 lbs or so from the engine.

If I had been in your shoes, I would have debated between a new C32 or a used E55. Since even a used E55 (I refer to the current, supercharged model) is going to be in the 70K range, you saved money with your choice. Also, with a new car, you don't have to wonder how many times the previous owner laid greasy farts on the driver's seat. Your modded C32 won't quite run with the E55, but it will stomp *** on many an unsuspecting "performance car."
Old 05-17-2004, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
lol.. with a pimp ride like the E55, im not worried about greasy farts on the front seat, but rather dried up spots in the rear
Old 05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
No matter what you decide to do with a purchase or mod, some internet know it all will come in a flame your idea.
Especially on this forum.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Benzo: You know it's bad when your rear-seat leather looks like someone hit it with a stucco gun. I bought my C32 used, and I practically had to chip the sploogie off the rear leather with a hammer and chisel. Nothing more embarrassing than explaining to your rear-seat passengers why your seat leather makes a crunching sound when you sit on it. . .

Vader: Yup, everyone's got everyone else's best answer. The key is to mentally discard the worthless crap and focus on the valuable stuff. I can personally vouch that all of my mods resulted from info provided on this forum, so I guess you have to deal with the bad as well as the good.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Vader and Vomit:

very true!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Vomit
Benzo: You know it's bad when your rear-seat leather looks like someone hit it with a stucco gun.
HAHA!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by G55K
Crapbuster,
Actually I'm not just coming in. I used to post under JME but changed my sign on name. I've had a Kleemann system on my G for over a year now and really enjoy it. My experience with Kleemann products and the people working there has been excellent, just a fact that I wanted to share. I've got nothing against Renntec and/or Brabus, they're both excellent tuners. But in my opinion Kleemann was the best bang for the buck and I still believe that I made the right decision. I'm just sharing my experience with a Kleemann product, what's so fishy about that?
Ah ok. I see. I no longer smell fish. You must be blowing the doors off unsuspecting folks.

Walk along the forest for there is more than one door to close.