C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New Guy need Help With Coolant lines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Explorer
New Guy need Help With Coolant lines

Hey guys I have been lurking for a while and fell in love with the C55. I just bought one with 144000 miles on it and it runs like a champ. Until yesterday.

I was going down the freeway and white smoke came shooting through the air vents and the low coolant level light came on. I pulled over immediately and towed the car home. The coolest resivour was bone dry. I topped it off with fluid and checked all of the hoses. When i squeeze the top radiator hose I hear water shooting out by the firewall on the driver side. I am assuming that is where the heater core is but how do I even get to those lines> There is no room to actually see where it is shooting out. Is this a service it from underneath to get to it type of item.

Thank Guys!

Look forward to joining this community.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55, BMW 335d M-Sport
If you look closely behind the corregated wire loom on the right side you can see the coolant line that goes into the firewall to the heater core. There's a good chance the plastic fitting is cracked. Start here. Pull the breather off the top of the car and you can see from this vantage point.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Explorer
Originally Posted by Nick Janssen
If you look closely behind the corregated wire loom on the right side you can see the coolant line that goes into the firewall to the heater core. There's a good chance the plastic fitting is cracked. Start here. Pull the breather off the top of the car and you can see from this vantage point.

Thank you. This is the exact info I needed.