C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Eurocharged shorty headers are in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 ML350, 2005 C55, 2004 E55
Eurocharged shorty headers are in

Installed the headers and replaced all my engine mounts in hopes of curing a small vibration at idle. One of my engine mounts was torn open and the transmission mount was torn. The 2nd motor mount was about to burst open soon. The cause of the slight shake turned out to be a corroded plug wire and coil, replaced both. Runs smooth now.

Onto the headers. The fit is great and the installation wasn't too bad when you're doing engine mounts at the same time. Definitely a lift job because the engine needed to be jacked up to make room and most of work is underneath the car.

The sound is definitely changed. Off the bat I noticed a slight lack of refinement, more noise and vibration is transmitted into the cabin, this is very subtle and I'll soon forget about it. The car is a bit louder at all times, cold start sounds different (not as angry) and when you are driving along it sounds sweeter, especially near walls and tunnels, there's a new exhaust noise that wasn't there before. The overrun sound is much improved too! Power wise it's easy to tell there's more, how much more is hard to tell since it's so easy to get used to it. I feel more power everywhere, bottom end, mid range and top end. Going to the track to see if there's any improvement, going to get tires before I head out there, for some reason my front tires are at 70% but the rears are almost bald after installing the headers.

Here's a short clip, I don't recall being able to do this before the headers, it would always bog shifting into 2nd. First clip is before, 2nd clip is after.

Next mod is high flow primary cats, then resonator delete+x pipe.

Last edited by Fantomas; 06-07-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 240 Posts
2010 E63 AMG, 2003 E500
Damn, she really PULLS off the line.
Are you going to get your ECU tuned to take advantage of the increased air flow?
Old 06-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 ML350, 2005 C55, 2004 E55
Originally Posted by Bahnstormer
Damn, she really PULLS off the line.
Are you going to get your ECU tuned to take advantage of the increased air flow?
I would like to dyno tune it after I finish hacking up the exhaust but I doubt an off the shelf tune will do much of anything since the car if fully capable of adapting to the increased flow through short term fuel trims and long term fuel trims.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Id really want to hear it with the resonator removed. only.

This is the setup that Im leaning towards.

I already love the way my car sounds but I want it just a hair louder.