Throttle respons issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C30, W210 290TD
Throttle respons issue

Hi all,

I have noticed a strange thing with the throttle response on my car, ill try to describe it the best i can.

On normal driving when you try I acclerate the throttle response is very sloppy. I start putting down the pedal but notthing happens untill half way down. At half way the revs shoot up and the car kicks down. The car seems to igonore the throttle pedal when you try to accelerate gently, it really is slow acceleration. No error codes show up when i scan it.

Also when i drive uphill sometimes the car goes into limp mode.

Anyone has any idea what could cause this kind of issue?

FWI I drive a C30 AMG.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 Mercedes-benz C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Roel Baguca
Hi all,

I have noticed a strange thing with the throttle response on my car, ill try to describe it the best i can.

On normal driving when you try I acclerate the throttle response is very sloppy. I start putting down the pedal but notthing happens untill half way down. At half way the revs shoot up and the car kicks down. The car seems to igonore the throttle pedal when you try to accelerate gently, it really is slow acceleration. No error codes show up when i scan it.

Also when i drive uphill sometimes the car goes into limp mode.

Anyone has any idea what could cause this kind of issue?

FWI I drive a C30 AMG.
I had a problem with throttle response and with the car downshift slow when I would full throttle so I reset the TSU you can read more about it if you just look it up it's pretty easy there are two ways to do it and after words you can drive the way you like and it will learn I drove it hard for about 40 shifts and now my throttle response and downshifts are lighting fast
Old 07-17-2018, 10:35 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 ML350, 2005 C55, 2004 E55
Originally Posted by AtlasMG
I had a problem with throttle response and with the car downshift slow when I would full throttle so I reset the TSU you can read more about it if you just look it up it's pretty easy there are two ways to do it and after words you can drive the way you like and it will learn I drove it hard for about 40 shifts and now my throttle response and downshifts are lighting fast
Are you talking about adaptations reset?

If so: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...et-smokes.html
Old 07-17-2018, 10:42 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 ML350, 2005 C55, 2004 E55
I had similar problem the other day on a 2005 C55. I was driving in comfort mode for about 30 miles, no major throttle applications the entire time. I was in a situation where I needed to pass so I gave it full throttle and even hit the kickdown switch, nothing happened, the car just got confused as if I was asking for a well done steak. What felt like 3 seconds later I got a half hearted kick down and Prius like acceleration. I've been driving it in sport mode lately to avoid this situation and occasionally giving it full throttle after a long steady cruise just to see how it responds.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C30, W210 290TD
I have tried in the past to reset the adaptive throtle respons but i did not get any great results from it.

I have been pushing the car hard on the highway lately and that has improved the throttle respons its better then it was.

However going up a steep mountain road las weekend same problem happen again i would press the throttle pedal all the way down and nothing happens, the car just went in limp mode twice. Also the tenperature was pretty high when this happen about 108C. On the highway even if you push the car the temp is steady at 85.

Ill have to go to mercedes i guess and ask them to scan it with star computer mayve that will shed some light on this annoying issue.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:04 AM

Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts
S204 C250 CDI Sport

Last edited by Gazwould; 01-09-2022 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
Check your intercooler pump not sure of the setup on the CDI but I know on C32 they can suffer heat soak a lot due to sharing the coolant system with the engine expansion tank, separating them helps and making sure all your vacuum lines are good with help rule that issue out, also the IC pumps don't last long and once they start failing you see drops in vehicle response a lot. I have a killer chiller installed in my C32 and will be putting in a 5 gallon trunk tank for the IC Circuit because the Killer chiller needs to have some type of expansion tank to keep a constant flow of super cooled coolant supplying the SC to prevent heat soak. Anyhow doing the ECU reset and these checks would go a long way to zeroing down your issue.