Another new crank sensor problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c32 amg
Another new crank sensor problem

Hi!
i am new to the forum and relatively new in the world of Mercedes too! It's nice to greet everyone here! I know there are few thread regarding cps but I do think my problem is unique. So I am starting a new thread.

In summary:
my problem is that car still stall and crank and not start after replacing Bosch crank sensor. It start almost every time if I unplug and reinsert sensor pin connector.

my 2002 c32 amg was running but stall sometimes when I was driving, most of the time on acceleration. it also has problem crank but not start, most of the time on hot engine. Dtc P0335 (crank sensor) and p2034 (exhaust gas temp sensor) when stall. P207b all the time (not sure what is this)

so thanks to the procedure online, I replace my crank sensor with Bosch part no. 261210170. During the procedure, I notice the last person did not have the e8 bolt so I replaced it with a regular hex head bolt. It fit snugly.

Despite new sensor, car crank but not start condition got worse. Finally got it to start with check engine light I thought I had to drive and train the computer. Took it out and cat stalled on highway. Poured cold water behind and car start again for 10 mins and stalled again. Unplug cps socket and reinsert, car started. Drove for 20 mins check engine off

Today, I disconnected battery put some silicon grease into the cranksensor connection, doesn't help. I charged up the battery, 12.55V, check all the fuse and the dust bowl x at the trunk. Seems like no problem. I bypass the Fuel pump relay pump sounded strong. Check engine light on. Car Still doesn't start.

at the end, I unplug and reinsert the crank sensor, car immediately start again. Switch it off and it still crank and start second time, check engine still on. I am now at a lost, over the phone, my mechanic doesn't know much about the problem too. I am now worry to even take this car to work

Old 07-14-2018, 12:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 E63
Maybe the pins in the L5 crankshaft position sensor connector are loose. That would be my guess if it starts after unplugging/plugging the connector.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:39 AM

2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by ricecooker713
Maybe the pins in the L5 crankshaft position sensor connector are loose. That would be my guess if it starts after unplugging/plugging the connector.
i charged up the battery to 12.8v now it seems ok now and check engine is gone. Not sure how long it will last... will a battery drain from car seat be a possible explanation? I do not lock the car at night in my garage. If so how would I check and how to fix?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:29 PM

2002 c32 amg
The car runs better today after I charged up the battery. But it did stalled one time when I accelerate hard. It sound like backfire and the car stall out. Anybody?...