C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Alarm issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Alarm issues

My alarm doesn’t work. I can lock the doors from sitting inside and when I go to open the doors. No lights blink and no sounds are going off. Any suggestions anyone. Thx
Old 08-20-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C55, BMW 330e Hybrid saloon, BMW 123d coupe
Originally Posted by Brent3636
My alarm doesn’t work. I can lock the doors from sitting inside and when I go to open the doors. No lights blink and no sounds are going off. Any suggestions anyone. Thx
YES! I have encountered that problem and I was sent around from Billy to Jack before I got it fixed. I bet you radio reception is also shot? But, the fix is simple....and quite logical. You can save yourself some money by buying the MB part and DIY.
The culprit is the sealed-for-life alarm siren. It has a Lithium battery built in for back-up, and with age, this battery leaks onto the internal PCB and blows the board. The alarm siren is governed by the same Canbus that controls the alarm system, central locking, and radio reception - via the rear screen antenna. So this fault effects all!
Replace the alarm siren unit which is located under the left front wheel arch (to the rear arch). Steering can turned full lock to gain access.
You will then hear Bip-Bip when you press the remote locking. Job finished and car functions like new.