Best way to make the c55 a bit louder??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Best way to make the c55 a bit louder??

The car currently has a resonator delete only. Its louder than stock but not quite there.

I dont want to delete the mufflers or cats.

Will running two pipes from secondary cats all the way back to mufflers instead of them merging into one than splitting again make any difference in noise?

What are my options? Again I really dont want to remove cats or the muffler and I dont wanna spend money on headers now.

thanks
Old 08-26-2018, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C55 AMG
I personally did exhaust cutouts right before the mufflers. Quiet with a switch of a button. And can backfire like a madman when you open it. Gave the car a really nice tone and not obnoxiously loud. My setup was true duals with resonator delete, stock mufflers in place with the cutouts right before the mufflers. All stock cats in place and stock headers. Stupid california chp gave me a ticket for it and had to take it off. Check your states law if its legal.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:07 PM

2006 C55 AMG
Also doing a resonator delete with true duals from the secondary cats to the stock mufflers won't make it much louder. Right now my car is barely louder than stock.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Originally Posted by slize
Also doing a resonator delete with true duals from the secondary cats to the stock mufflers won't make it much louder. Right now my car is barely louder than stock.

I am in California as well(Sacramento).

Why did the CHP give you a ticket? Was the car too loud that made the cop peak under?

I drove my w202 amg without a muffler at all lol, never got pulled over. The thing was ridiculously loud...

Old 08-27-2018, 12:09 PM

2006 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by PJmak
I am in California as well(Sacramento).

Why did the CHP give you a ticket? Was the car too loud that made the cop peak under?

I drove my w202 amg without a muffler at all lol, never got pulled over. The thing was ridiculously loud...
my cutouts weren't very well hidden. You could see them just by driving behind me. When I got my ticket signed the cop was telling me unless you do something really bad they're not going to pull you over. He was telling me that he's never seen someone get a ticket for "exhaust bypass" and was surised when i got it. I literally did nothing wrong when i got pulled over, just happened to get pulled over by a pissed off one. Dozens of cops have seen them and i've done some aggressive driving, and never got pulled over by them.