C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

The new 370Z Nismo is pretty quick!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 11:41 PM

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
2006 C55
The new 370Z Nismo is pretty quick!

My little C55 seems to be a magnet that attracts 370Zs like it's going out of style. So far, the record shows that none have been quicker than the baby Benz.

Tonight, I had a little run in with a 370Z Nismo. It was one of the new cars with the fancy body kit and red trim. Stumbling across a long deserted stretch of road, we gave it a go. Being the courteous sort that I am, I gave the guy the hit at 40 mph. We stayed even for a few seconds with his bumper just out front from the go. Something wasn't right. This guy was hanging in there. I began to gain a few inches by 70 mph. It was VERY close. I might have had a fender on him at 85. By the time we hit 100 his front bumper was at my B pillar. At 120 he had slipped back to my rear tire. As I passed 140 there seemed to be a slim chance that I was starting to gap him. Seeing that we were approaching civilization, I tapped the brake lights and got out of it.

I was really impressed with that car for putting up a fight. Usually, the 370Zs will hang in there for a few seconds at the hit then just fall away. Not this one. It was hanging in there. Clearly an automatic, it was shifting quickly. There were no jumps or lags when either car grabbed a gear. It was almost like we were glued together.

I had to look those things up when I got home. It seems the Nismo cars got a bump to 350 hp and a steeper rear gear. Get caught snoozing in a C55 and it'll eat your lunch.

Naturally, I have no way of knowing if his car was bone stock. My C55 has a tune and headers. I really feel those little things made the difference tonight.Without them, we would have been tied together at best but I'd likely be seeing Nissan taillights.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Definitely wasn't stock especially if your car has a tune and headers.

Those cars are a lot cheaper to mod, most of them on the road have some sort of performance mods.

You have a whole hundred foot pounds of torque on that car and almost 20hp more plus the cars weight almost the same.

No way in hell that thing will keep up that close and I dont care how bad our transmissions are.

I raced my brother in law's 370z non nismo with my stock c55. As soon as the car downshifted, I immediately jumped him almost a whole car length, he never had a chance to catch up. He has intake and exhaust.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C55 AMG
Yeah that 370z must have been modded if you have headers and tune. I raced a 350z HR, fully modded, multiple times up to 140. Literally neck and neck, never seen a closer race. We kept racing to see who would eventually pull further, my car barely got him by the nose at the very end. Met up with him the next day and even he was surprised. And my car is all stock except for resonator delete.