Broken throttle actuator....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:20 AM
IS1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32
Broken throttle actuator....

Found out from my dealer that it was causing my car to surge and ESP to go off. I asked him why it would make the ESP go off and he said there are 100's of things that can go wrong which would make the ESP failure light go on. I also mentioned that I understood there were some issues with the ESP's and there were software updates available. He seemed utterly clueless and said that was new to him?
Old 06-08-2004, 08:32 AM

Nothing
Re: Broken throttle actuator....

Originally posted by IS1
I also mentioned that I understood there were some issues with the ESP's and there were software updates available. He seemed utterly clueless and said that was new to him?
Why am I not surprised?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:49 PM

I had the same problem too.

They will replace it with an updated part and believe it or not the car feels faster after it.

However be careful as the Intercooler pump is known to fail with the new part. Ask them if they will replace this part as wel..

For me I had the actuator replaced and then shortly thereafter my intercooler pump failed. The dealer said it was caused by the newer actuator.

Prasith
Old 06-09-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Prasith, what size and offset are your 547R's? They should clear your BBK.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:11 PM

W211 E63
Originally posted by Prasith32
I
However be careful as the Intercooler pump is known to fail with the new part. Ask them if they will replace this part as wel..

For me I had the actuator replaced and then shortly thereafter my intercooler pump failed. The dealer said it was caused by the newer actuator.

Prasith

My throttle actuator failed and it caused my EPS to fail or vice versa.

BTW, I do agree after the updated throttle acutator installed, the car felt faster.

Did youe dealer mention how a throttle actuator failure will lead to a intercooler pump failure, they dont seem to relate to each other as no sensor is used to monitor the intercooler temperature or flow???
Old 06-11-2004, 12:35 PM

smg,

the 547R are made to clear the brembo calipers. I mentioned that I would have these when I ordered them.

My problem with putting my BBK on is not one of clearance but rather of my cheapness.

If I put the brembo's on I basically have to buy a new set of 18" wheels so that I can mount winter tires on them and R comps during the summer. I don't want to subject my 5k set of HRE's to the track. Maybe AutoX but the track just has too much rubber there and it gets caked onto the wheels.

This would mean that I would have to get do away with my AMG wheels and my new Victoracers and relatively new winter tires.

Normally I would do this but I am saving my money for an 96 e36 m3 and want to focus my mods in that direction.

Any suggestion?? What would you do? Please don't say buy an evo because that thought is going through my head every day

box,

The dealer told me that with the updated Throttle actuator the intercooler pump has a high rate of failure. I don't know why this is but I do know that it happened to me literally a day after they put the new throttle actuator in. It worked great and the car was fast and then all of a sudden I lost the supercharger and it felt like a c320.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:31 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
what are the symptoms of this Throttle Actuator and / or Intercooler Pump failure? my car is having some engine problems, i hope it's just this, and not something major. thanks!