C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills, Electric Folding mirrors (W203)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Lightbulb Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills, Electric Folding mirrors (W203)

Front and rear door sills look on a high light intensity environment (like in the middle of the day, when door sills will not lit due to the surrounding high light environment --detected by light sensor--)

Front and rear door sills look on a low light intensity environment (door sills lit due to the surrounding low light environment --detected by light sensor--)

Close up of illuminated rear door sill

Close up of illuminated front door sill

A little foot note to the sills:

Rear door sills are not your "clip ons" you can buy on other websites, they are custom made by Mr Harris from http://www.hartonmotorwerks.com

Front door sills are the OEM Mercedes Benz product

Cost of installing them????... whelp???? I had them both done at the Mercedes Benz dealership, so the cost to install them was actually MORE than the cost of the sills themselves (they were both installed the "Mercedes Benz" way... which means dismantell half the car and route power from the rear to the front of the vehicle. There is a "flip" side to this though... there are instructions provided and there are many members on the board whom have actually done the work themselves on their own cars... there are even instructions posted how to "do it yourself" out there... Mr Harris from http://www.hartonmotorwerks.com WILL provide you with the set of instructions actually... he even insisted to give them to me... however, in my case, all I asked if the custom rear ones "could be installed the Mercedes Benz way" which Mr Harris responded with a cool "Yes they can!"... though is not price recommended. Time to install by the dealer 3.5 hours each time (3.5 hours for the front, 3.5 hours for the rear... again, had all 4 been installed at the same time, it would have been only 3.5 hours for all 4)

If I had installed all 4 door sills at the same time, then the price of installation would have not been price prohibitive. I basically was charge TWICE to install the sills... the first time for the fronts... and the second time for the rears (as in each instance the car had to be basically dismantelled --panels, etc, etc-- to rout epower for the sills)... I was not able to take pictures of the work as the local M Benz dealership for "legal" reasons would not allow me to...

The good thing is that they (sills) are ALL there and work beautifly...

W203 FOLDING MIRRORS... ahhhhhh!!!!... Dear Mr Darth Vader!!!!! (that is Vader13 on this MbWorld forum to all of you out there )... the dark side of the Brabus clouds everything... (Star Wars Darth Vader's neumonia type heavy breathing!!!...)

W203 outside frame for mirrors with folding feature (for Xenon headlights, another swtich part is needed for non-Xenon versions --switch looks the same, just the part No is diff as switch for non-Xenons will not work with Xenon lights and viceversa--)

New dash switch for W203 folding mirrors (for Xenon headlights, another swtich part is needed for non-Xenon versions --switch looks the same, just the part No is diff as switch for non-Xenons will not work with Xenon lights and viceversa--)

Dash unit switch detail for W203 folding mirrors (for Xenon headlights, another swtich part is needed for non-Xenon versions --switch looks the same, just the part No is diff as switch for non-Xenons will not work with Xenon lights and viceversa--)

I "concentrated" a bit too much ordering the switch to get the "right" color that matched my C32's dash color (there are "several" dark shades in color optionsm, so in the electronic parts catalog all that "showed" was the part No. with a different color and we had about 4 different shades of "dark" or charcoal, blach interior colors... solution???... with the VIN No. the dealer in Germany was able to determine for sure what was the matching color of my dash swtich) and though I suceeded getting the right swtich, the "folding" mirror frames you see on the picture actually dont fold at all!!!... haha!!... (well, I am not laughing since the shipping and everything is already done!)... lack of asking them to verify the mirror frames were the correct part No(s) which I forgot to do, I gave the ok to Germany to ship me the part... whelp??? they all got here fine... just wrong mirror frame parts!!!...

I am in the process of having the correct parts sent... (folding mirrors WILL be installed also by the local Mercedes Benz dealer... again, it won't be cheap the labor.. so I am NOT endorsing to anyone to do it that way ... )

Any thoughts????

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 06-10-2004, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 325i
Dude,

Let the force be with you while you install your folding mirros

The iluminated door sills look
Old 06-10-2004, 11:24 AM

Black/Black E : Pewter/Black G Wagen
If I'm not mistaken,I believe Sunman did the folding mirrors on his ,you might want to check w/ him w/ installation details.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Yeah sunman has every mod possible to man kind. He is good with directions. I believe he did it himself. Illuminating door sills look great! I have the door sills that u just place on top of. I am happy with those. They look great@!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
I Would Install the Mirrors and the Control switch Yourself!
The Mirrors are three torx and the switch pops out ..its plug and play!..Did Mine in less than a Hour..

http://groups.msn.com/mbenznl/instal...o&PhotoID=2197

Still working on the Folding mirrors to fold with Remote locking

The W211 is easy to program..the 203..takes some time

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 06-10-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Folding mirrors for W203 chasis

Gentlemen Mr. victor20170, Mr. Ducman, Mr. x-tian-230k, Mr. MARK CUMMINS):
Originally posted by victor20170
Let the force be with you while you install your folding mirros

The iluminated door sills look
Indeed, may the "forged" (as Mr Vader would say...lol) may be with me and more with my WALLET!... haha... my take on the mirrors frames is that I spoke with Mr Sunman and based on the EPC CD rom he had we "thought" we ordered the "right parts"... we spend days going back and forward getting the parts, and when the frames arrived bang!!!... the electric motors are missing!... LOL...
Mr Sunil (Sunman) got his parts from Mr Steve, who sells them a bit used only. I want them NEW... so I go directly to the dealer... problem with that??? just what happened to me!!.. haha... my fellow Germans are... well.. Germans!!!.... you give them a code number and they send it without question... so as you can see, the frames are sitting in my house for someone that simply needs to replace frames without the electric folding motor haha.
The cost of the NEW folding frames is actually cheaper than the used set Mr Steve sells.. difference is that the used set is actually no way to go wrong in the sense, they've been on a W203 before no way to go wrong there!!!...

I have thought about installing the mirros myself... and I thank you for the instructions... however... (oh no, there is the however.. lol)... just to keep up with the "tradition", my car WILL go back to the dealership to have them install them... mostly because they need to plug the car to the Star System to turn on the feature "Folding Mirrors = Present" something similar like when people upgrade to Xenons.. then after that the mirrors can be programmed to automatically fold when the car is locked

According with Mr Steve himself, the auto folding feature "can not" be programmed on W203s, only W211s and going up... HOWEVER... I had my parents check my other C class AMG I have in Austria and IT FOLDS!!!! when you lock the car... so I will have the dealer turn on the feature for me... it might be that even though Mr Steve told me he is done many installations of the mirrors that it might be a bit more complicated than on other chassis

I shall report to all as soon as the project is completed... frames are put on a plane tomorrow...

Wiedermann
Old 06-10-2004, 02:46 PM
I1 ULOOZ

good luck!
Old 06-13-2004, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
i sooo need these for my car!
Old 06-13-2004, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Folding mirrors

Mr. CitronC230K_03:
Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
i sooo need these for my car!
May the "forged" be with you!

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 06-14-2004, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Folding mirrors

Originally posted by Wiedermann
Mr. CitronC230K_03:

May the "forged" be with you!

Cheers!

Wiedermann

i sure hope so!!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Ducman
If I'm not mistaken,I believe Sunman did the folding mirrors on his ,you might want to check w/ him w/ installation details.
He doesnt have tyre pressure monitoring. LOL
Old 06-15-2004, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
WTPMS

Originally posted by miroj
You can not insttall WTPMS on a W203 vehicle. You can pop the sensors on the tires.. and that is as far as you will be able to get on OEM parts --provided you get the right OEM wheels, blah, blah--

Wiedemann
Old 06-15-2004, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
WTPMS

You can not insttall WTPMS on a W203 vehicle. You can pop the sensors on the tires.. and that is as far as you will be able to get on OEM parts --provided you get the right OEM wheels, blah, blah--

Wiedemann
Old 06-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Re: Folding mirrors for W203 chasis

it might be that even though Steve told me he is done many installations of the mirrors that it might be a bit more complicated than on other chassis
...the 203 is the EASIEST of all when it comes to installing power folding mirrors...and as far as auto folding is to be concerned...it might be possible that the newer 203s have control modules in that make auto folding possible but I doubt that...some very early 211s don't have auto folding either...

greetingz,
Old 06-15-2004, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
" shh shh Use the dark side of the forged shhh shhhhh"

"shh sshhh Wiedermann, the power of the forged is strong in this one, but use the dark side, you can mod yourself shh shhh"
Old 06-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Banned

Re: WTPMS

Wiedemann
I have the wire diagram for the W203 and it is a factory order option. So why is it not available. It is in fact just a deflation warning.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
WTPMS

Ms miroj (correct me if I made you a female by mistake!!)
I have the wire diagram for the W203 and it is a factory order option. So why is it not available. It is in fact just a deflation warning.
You are correct. Order one (W203) in the USA and see what happens!.. LOL... Now, you've added 2 plus years to make that statement valid... I have toys on my European version vehicles that are just a dream here in the US ... although Mr sunman has pretty much changed his little W203 to have every conceivable option ... so like you said it is possible if you "dismantle" your car... ... same thing with LEDs... you can get the whole wiring and retro-fitted to any prior 2005 car... ...

Good luck to you!

Wiedermann
Old 06-16-2004, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Electric Folding mirrors (W203) (update)

I thought I should share this with all those interested in the update... the correct parts for the W203 folding mirror frames have arrived and are sitting in my house. They will be installed + programmed accordingly this Friday June 18th, 2004.

Here is a pic of the parts, notice the mirror frames are in a folded position

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 06-16-2004, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SWEET!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Forged

Mr Vader!!!!:
Originally posted by Vader13
" shh shh Use the dark side of the forged shhh shhhhh"

"shh sshhh Wiedermann, the power of the forged is strong in this one, but use the dark side, you can mod yourself shh shhh"
THe power of the FORGED is with me today!!!!

Wiedermann
Old 06-20-2004, 08:16 AM

whats the cost for the folding frames and switch
Old 06-20-2004, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills, Electric Folding mirrors (W203) Costs

Mr. pipehose:
Originally posted by pipehose
whats the cost for the folding frames and switch
I don't have the invoice with me, but aprox. $650.00 US Dollars for brand new parts that includes what you see on the pictures on the first/second pages on the thread (switch, both frames with their corresponding wiring harness, the rest comes right out of your existing vehicle like mirrors, housing turning signal).
Costs of installing... that is up to you to "negotiate".

FYI: For those still interested in the extra electric folding frame set that I have: I have sold the swtich that I had for the extra set. If any is interested, I ONLY have the electric folding frames (that come with their correspondig wiring harness). PM me if you are interested.

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 06-20-2004, 04:04 PM

thanks for your help on costs
Old 06-20-2004, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
god you guys are bnz aftermarket thingamabobber nerds, sunman is the real uber nerd..

Why the hell do you care about all these dorky upgrades..

"The forged is waning, I feel the dark presence about to strike."

Old 06-20-2004, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Upgrades on W203

Mr Vader!!!!
Originally posted by Vader13
god you guys are bnz aftermarket thingamabobber nerds, sunman is the real uber nerd..

Why the hell do you care about all these dorky upgrades..

"The forged is waning, I feel the dark presence about to strike."

The dark side of the forged clouds everything!!!

In Europe, W203s come with Parktronic and folding mirrors as options, not an "upgrade" afer you bought the car... it can be ordered when you build your car... just "USA" specs. are limited to some "stock" set up without those choices. Mr Sunman does have a lot of toys he has installed... though some of his options are also in my parent's cars like the heater which is only used on places where temperatures are freezing .

When I went to pick up my spoiler for my car last year, I was supposed to come back the following month and get the rest parts.. I just never went back, so I had the parts shipped... I try to avoid 14 hours in a plane, not to count the day lost when you get there and vice versa... having been doning this trips for many years, I prefer to stay put where I live )

Just don't choke me with your dark side power of the Brabus!

Cheers!

Wiedermann

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills, Electric Folding mirrors (W203)