C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Should service provider change O ring when changing oil/filter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 Infinity sedan
Should service provider change O ring when changing oil/filter?

2003 G35 Infinity Sedan - I had my oil changed at an Express Oil location for the first time. Usually done at Firestone across the street from where I work. I have NEVER had an oil leak but have had to take it back to Express Oil 3 or 4 times in one month after they changed the oil. At one time they replaced oil filter because it clearly showed it was leaking. Took it in today along with the cardboard box I placed under front end of car to show the amount it leaked in 12½ hours. Now saying it is O ring and has to call Nissan to see if they have one. Is this normal? It this a mere coincidence?
Old 10-21-2018, 04:37 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
This is w203 c32amg or c55amg forum
think u in wrong forum. And yes they always replace gaskets with oil filter they come with every oil filter u buy.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic; 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
Definitely the wrong forum - however if all they did was change the oil, there would be two things to check. The car uses a spin-on metal oil filter. These filters come with rubber sealing rings installed - as Morphh mentioned. It is possible that the old sealing ring remained on the engine when the old filter was removed - thus compromising the new filter sealing correctly. The other thing to check is the sealing washer for the oil pan drain plug. Most likely they drained the oil (rather than suction) and it's very easy for the those washers to wear out and now matter how much you tighten the drain plug - it will not seal. Seems to me they're a pretty shoddy shop if they can't fix this having had 3 or 4 shots at correcting their mistake. Furthermore - they don't need a Nissan / Infiniti dealer to correct the problem.