C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Stereo dead?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C30 AMG S203
Stereo dead?

Hello, i have a issue with my stereo alternatively my amp. The buttons on the stereo won’t light up and the stereo is always on until i manually turn it off. I have No sound on radio. It says that i have no cd changer,nav,phone or aux.

i removed all the fuses and They look fine.

i have the bose stereo system.

Anybody who could help me here?

I would like to change the stereo in the car to a android stereo instead. What do i do with the cables to the amplifier?
Old 05-21-2019, 03:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
see signature
Mine does the same thing. I have to remove the trunk liner and remove the fuse to the amplifier. Once the amplifier has the fuse re-seated, everything works again.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:38 PM

Mercedes C30 AMG S203
I tried multipel Times’ didnt work.

Originally Posted by chicago_fog
Mine does the same thing. I have to remove the trunk liner and remove the fuse to the amplifier. Once the amplifier has the fuse re-seated, everything works again.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG
Most of the aftermarket android headunit setups now a days come with plug and play solutions to your determined model/chassis. You have the bose system, so that means no fiber optics if i’m correct which would make the change easy.

As far as your current issue it could be due to your amp as I believe the amp controls most of the functions of the headunit.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:22 AM

Mercedes C30 AMG S203
Originally Posted by Handbuilt
Most of the aftermarket android headunit setups now a days come with plug and play solutions to your determined model/chassis. You have the bose system, so that means no fiber optics if i’m correct which would make the change easy.

As far as your current issue it could be due to your amp as I believe the amp controls most of the functions of the headunit.
The problem is i have fiber optics. I’ll install a aftermarket stereo and 2 amplifiers in the rear. 1 for the subwoofer and 1 for the speakers. Do you know Where i can get a harness image to know What cables to use?
Old 06-22-2019, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG
I'm currently working on upgrading my stereo system into an aftermarket android one as well. I have the harmon kardon system, with the fiber optics harness. I would assume that our harness is almost similar? I'm going to see if I can pull up some sort of diagram within the WIS and post it here. I might write a thread on here too following the installation. My goal is to retain the original stereo system and then just change out the head unit. I'll see what I can figure out.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:51 AM

Mercedes C30 AMG S203
Originally Posted by Handbuilt
I'm currently working on upgrading my stereo system into an aftermarket android one as well. I have the harmon kardon system, with the fiber optics harness. I would assume that our harness is almost similar? I'm going to see if I can pull up some sort of diagram within the WIS and post it here. I might write a thread on here too following the installation. My goal is to retain the original stereo system and then just change out the head unit. I'll see what I can figure out.
turns out that i did not need a wiring diagram anyways. I Have Done a fully custom build. I bought a new stereo on AliExpress. I also bought 2 amplifiers. 1 normal one and a 4-channel aswell. Then after that its pretty straight forward. Find a cable Thats constant + and a ground aswell. You Will also need a acc +. I took mine from the 12-volt outlet. After i was Done with this my new stereo started. I wired the rca outputs to the amplifiers. I cut the cables to the old original amp. Then plugged them in the amp then i tried playing music to see what speaker that would play. After that it was pretty straight forward.