C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007
View Poll Results: What car should I get?
C55 - handles like no other
33.33%
E500 AMG - rides like a true benz
20.00%
Nothing at all...save up for E55.
46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

110MPH Test Drive [C55]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
110MPH Test Drive [C55]

It was an amazing experience. The car handled the freeway junction like it was a straight away. I can't believe the way that the car stuck to the road. I don't think it could get better than that. The stance was perfect and man, I'm still blown away. The dealer was the one actually driving the car and when I got to drive it back, they let me push it. The Manual mode is quite nice that it downshifts for you. The navigation is impressive and the quad-exhaust isn't that loud. Sounds perfect imho.

I'm still in a dilemma about an E500 (which I have on order) or the C55. Both these cars are almost the same price (+5K for the E, which I am willing to pay and the monthly still is about the same because of the higher residual) but what do you guys think? The quality in an E is just a lot more impressive where this C55 is just another "C-Class." I know that after driving it, it is not, but overall, I still have no idea on what to do. I am young and like to drive fast, but the E500 with the AMG Package, seemed to make me just as happy. And maybe to answer some other questions, I like big cars because I carry a bit of passengers from time to time. Anyone got a take on this?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
you cant go wrong either way, but i would go with the C55
Old 07-06-2004, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
I would save for the E55....
Old 07-06-2004, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
E500 best bang for the buck

Originally Posted by e-fivehundred
It was an amazing experience. The car handled the freeway junction like it was a straight away. I can't believe the way that the car stuck to the road. I don't think it could get better than that. The stance was perfect and man, I'm still blown away. The dealer was the one actually driving the car and when I got to drive it back, they let me push it. The Manual mode is quite nice that it downshifts for you. The navigation is impressive and the quad-exhaust isn't that loud. Sounds perfect imho.

I'm still in a dilemma about an E500 (which I have on order) or the C55. Both these cars are almost the same price (+5K for the E, which I am willing to pay and the monthly still is about the same because of the higher residual) but what do you guys think? The quality in an E is just a lot more impressive where this C55 is just another "C-Class." I know that after driving it, it is not, but overall, I still have no idea on what to do. I am young and like to drive fast, but the E500 with the AMG Package, seemed to make me just as happy. And maybe to answer some other questions, I like big cars because I carry a bit of passengers from time to time. Anyone got a take on this?
I have an E55 and an E500 and had a C32 so I know these cars well. The C32 with some suspension mods is a fine car but stock it is not much fun when the road turns.

The E55 is to fast for its own good. Great for freeway blasts but on a track or down a twisting road it is pointlessly fast. Its a car for getting for LA to San Francisco as fast as possible.

E500 is the melting of the two. More nimble than an E55 and more of a car than a W203. The E500 with the AMG Sport pack is a great car and I will say until proven wrong that the E500 is a far better drivers car than the E55. Let them bash me for saying it but believe me I have tested both to no end.

Get the E500. Its a better car!

If you like small cars however the C55 is where you should go. But you are looking at residuals and car size so sounds like you belong in the E500.

P.S. Skip the 4100 buck sport pack and get some wheels and tires from TireRack The Sport pack does not even have the side skirts from the E55 so I tend to think it is not worth the $$$$.

Good luck!