C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

It has started....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damnnnn

I would of liked to be in those pics......Hanson next time u better call me up....well put the 2 silver benz with the black in between..lol
Attached Thumbnails It has started....-picture-089.jpg  
Old 07-12-2004, 04:51 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
the Jedi recruits grow strong in South FL....

Met up with SP6NT today and took pics of our cars side by side...
We both have the same suspension setup (RENNTech lowering springs)
and the same engine setup (RENNTech ECU and Pulley Kit)
...except his HREs own me!! :p

now that you have the renntech pulley and ecu, hows your car's throttle response?

when you go hard on the throttle and then slow down for a turn, while exiting the turn and you go hard on the throttle again, does your car seem to lag between 2k adn 3k rpm?

does the renntech ecu solve this?

what happened to the renntech transmission software and the LSD that was on the renntech page? does renntech still offer it?

how does the renntech transmission software work? how much?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:25 AM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Originally Posted by Marko
Chim-Chim, will you be there, or at the OB-GYN?
You've been there???
Old 07-12-2004, 07:27 AM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
I have no LSD (u supposedly have some traction control settings that supposedly acts like an LSD).....
Ahh, the system that cuts engine power to regain traction...real professional stuff! AMG rocks!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thai
I seriously think you should either accept the challenged, get chopped and take it like a man or don't further stir problems

my 2 c
Old 07-12-2004, 08:07 AM

It won't happen Jon. To accept the challenge would actually require a
driver's license unless Dad drops him off.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by Thai
Ahh, the system that cuts engine power to regain traction...real professional stuff! AMG rocks!
yea, even with that handicap i have, all the Idrive and DSC technology in the world and your still behind me... tsk tsk tsk... bow down to the AMG and tame un besito en mi culo!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by loeplaya18
I would of liked to be in those pics......Hanson next time u better call me up....well put the 2 silver benz with the black in between..lol

loeplaya18,

You rear lights look sweet, how did you do that? Did you just paint them, or did you do something else? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by MiamiC55
loeplaya18,

You rear lights look sweet, how did you do that? Did you just paint them, or did you do something else? Thanks!
dang, i want to do another meet but its just sooo freaking hot... ahh screw it, ill set up something soon in the evening... seeing that you still havnt gone out and met every1 and Neal is now getting a black C55 also!! Let me get a few things organized here and I'll have something to set up soon!!! AMG203s in FL OWN!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
dang, i want to do another meet but its just sooo freaking hot... ahh screw it, ill set up something soon in the evening... seeing that you still havnt gone out and met every1 and Neal is now getting a black C55 also!! Let me get a few things organized here and I'll have something to set up soon!!! AMG203s in FL OWN!!!

Just let me know when!!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by MiamiC55
Just let me know when!!
definately
Old 07-12-2004, 02:42 PM

C32 AMG
definately
ANSWER MY QUESTION THAT I POSTED ON PAGE 3!!!! I ASKED TWICE!!!! =(
Old 07-12-2004, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by IdriveFast
now that you have the renntech pulley and ecu, hows your car's throttle response?

when you go hard on the throttle and then slow down for a turn, while exiting the turn and you go hard on the throttle again, does your car seem to lag between 2k adn 3k rpm?

does the renntech ecu solve this?

what happened to the renntech transmission software and the LSD that was on the renntech page? does renntech still offer it?

how does the renntech transmission software work? how much?

sorry, after 2 pages, i start to skim over posts and occassionally miss some!! But the ECU upgrade has eliminated that lag your talking about in my car. Throttle response is day and night. About the LSD and transmission software, the tranny software upgrade isnt really needed unles you do some major exhaust work (which nobody has really done) so they took it off. You only need to raise your shift points if you free up lots of backpressure b/c you will get enourmous gains on higher RPMs. I think hte transmission software upgrade only makes your car shift harder and at a higher RPM. Nobody was really interested in the LSD so they took that one off too. If your interested in those specialty items, you can contact RENNTech, or if anything, I'll try to find out for you.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:03 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
This is not meant as an insult but a serious question...why doesn't AMG offer LSD on their cars?? AMG cars also have small tires too. If they can solve these two issues (latter one easily solved), then AMG cars can be very competitive on the track. Traction control technology is not effective in high speed handling...it's good for daily driving where throttle intervention is mild.

It seems like AMG is very focused on straight-line performance, which they are very good at. Don't get me wrong, i love straight-line performance, but to compete with the upper class of cars in their price range (ex: Porsches), they need to focus on other things. AMG (and MB in general) does not seem to care much about weight (not much aluminum is used), limited-slip differentials, big fat tires (not always a good thing, but looks good), nor manual trannies. AMG will fall behind more and more as sequential trannies get more popular (Porsche, Audi, BMW, Toyota, Ferraris, etc.). If they do this, then i would be on their bandwagon.

Of all this, i am really puzzled by the lack of LSD. With all that power (muscle car torque) from AMG engines, you would think that LSD is on the top of the list. Anyone have theory on this???

Just an opinion.

Last edited by Thai; 07-12-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
This is not meant as an insult but a serious question...why doesn't AMG offer LSD on their cars?? AMG cars also have small tires too. If they can solve these two issues (latter one easily solved), then AMG cars can be very competitive on the track. Traction control technology is not effective in high speed handling...it's good for daily driving where throttle intervention is mild.

It seems like AMG is very focused on straight-line performance, which they are very good at. Don't get me wrong, i love straight-line performance, but to compete with the upper class of cars in their price range (ex: Porsches), they need to focus on other things. AMG (and MB in general) does not seem to care much about weight (not much aluminum is used), limited-slip differentials, big fat tires (not always a good thing, but looks good), nor manual trannies. AMG will fall behind more and more as sequential trannies get more popular (Porsche, Audi, BMW, Toyota, Ferraris, etc.). If they do this, then i would be on their bandwagon.

Of all this, i am really puzzled by the lack of LSD. With all that power (muscle car torque) from AMG engines, you would think that LSD is on the top of the list. Anyone have theory on this???

Just an opinion.
actually to be honest with you, AMG tuned cars are meant for an extra edge, not to be tuned to be complete track cars. An AMG car is still a Mercedes Benz. Mercedes Benz puts safety on the everyday road as their #1 priority. On the everyday road, the ESP system will prevent more loss of traction then any LSD would. I too wish I had an LSD but I can live without it. BMW is more of a performance car as far as the track, but for the everyday road, Mercedes surpasses BMW in practicability, comfort, and safety. The lack of LSD could be due to two variables, either to cut production costs, or b/c MB just didnt feel it was needed for the everyday road. I admit an LSD makes a difference, but like i said before, I could live without it, my car hooks pretty well as it is.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:46 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
actually to be honest with you, AMG tuned cars are meant for an extra edge, not to be tuned to be complete track cars. An AMG car is still a Mercedes Benz. Mercedes Benz puts safety on the everyday road as their #1 priority. On the everyday road, the ESP system will prevent more loss of traction then any LSD would. I too wish I had an LSD but I can live without it. BMW is more of a performance car as far as the track, but for the everyday road, Mercedes surpasses BMW in practicability, comfort, and safety. The lack of LSD could be due to two variables, either to cut production costs, or b/c MB just didnt feel it was needed for the everyday road. I admit an LSD makes a difference, but like i said before, I could live without it, my car hooks pretty well as it is.
Makes sense to me. Thanks. What i like about my M3 is that i have DSC (same as ESP), along with M-Variable LSD in the rear. You can shut off DSC completely while still have LSD active for track. But, i guess that you're right about AMG being a more powerful/faster version of MB. I just wish E55 AMG would have LSD...that would be one awesome machine...of course, it's not too shabby now. I am sure that it is more comfortable than M versions. What i like most about MB is their safety record...all their cars are top rated for safety...#1 in my book.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Makes sense to me. Thanks. What i like about my M3 is that i have DSC (same as ESP), along with M-Variable LSD in the rear. You can shut off DSC completely while still have LSD active for track. But, i guess that you're right about AMG being a more powerful/faster version of MB. I just wish E55 AMG would have LSD...that would be one awesome machine...of course, it's not too shabby now. I am sure that it is more comfortable than M versions. What i like most about MB is their safety record...all their cars are top rated for safety...#1 in my book.
now your talking like a true enthusiest
Old 07-12-2004, 08:52 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
now your talking like a true enthusiest
I have always been an enthusiast...that's why i am here checking out the competition. However, i gotta defend what i own, right?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:29 PM

True, but not to the point of absurdity. They each have their strong points and weaknesses.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 PM

Can't we all just get along..
Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Originally Posted by Marko
True, but not to the point of absurdity. They each have their strong points and weaknesses.
Yeah, but you're still a dumbass! Hahaha! :p

You're my B!TCH.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 PM

And who owns the 318i, is banned from the Bimmer boards, and continues
to embarrass themselves here?

No matter what, chim-chim, you can't change that. Heck, you're EVERYONE's
little rice *****. My woman from Tokyo.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
nice to see we can all still laugh at the end...

ive actually found the off topic part of the thread quite humorous!!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 CLK 320 (Fathers); 2005 Jeep Wrangler Renegade (My Beast)
Originally Posted by Jon200
and the flathood emblem :p
but got him on the clear side blinkers

both cars are pimp.

all SP6NT needs is the flat hood, but looks great
need some of those in Sydney...those rims are hottttt
Old 07-12-2004, 10:36 PM

Definitely laughing here.

Go easy on Thai Pad Prik. Little guy would lose money on the stamp machines in Vegas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: It has started....