C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Brilliant Silver C55 Available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sleestack,

that sounds pretty awesome and it would be really awesome if you did it. If I am down in the bay area care to take me for a ride . That CLK of yours gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Can't even imagine how it must perform. What do you plan to do with such a monster? It almost requires a private track. I wish MB had club racing that was advanced like BMW and Porsche.

My dream is to one day sucessfully campaign a mercedes in an ALMS race. The c55 might be the way to go I think but probably just stick with the NA route instead of forced induction. Maybe I can sell my company in the next boom time and make it happen.

I love the smaller sport sedans as well. However don't you think that the big supercharger in the front and on the top would further shift the weight distribution to the front. Also the V8 supercharger is likely heavier than a V6 supercharger.

But for a street car I am sure it would be the shizzz.

Prasith
Old 07-14-2004, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Prasith32
sleestack,

that sounds pretty awesome and it would be really awesome if you did it. If I am down in the bay area care to take me for a ride . That CLK of yours gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Can't even imagine how it must perform. What do you plan to do with such a monster? It almost requires a private track. I wish MB had club racing that was advanced like BMW and Porsche.

My dream is to one day sucessfully campaign a mercedes in an ALMS race. The c55 might be the way to go I think but probably just stick with the NA route instead of forced induction. Maybe I can sell my company in the next boom time and make it happen.

I love the smaller sport sedans as well. However don't you think that the big supercharger in the front and on the top would further shift the weight distribution to the front. Also the V8 supercharger is likely heavier than a V6 supercharger.

But for a street car I am sure it would be the shizzz.

Prasith
The SC will add some weight, but shouldn't dramatically effect the handling chracteristics of the car. I don't buy MBs for the track so I don't need perfect handling.

I have an addicition to tuning so I'm always thinking about cars with the cost of tuning included. I'm almost positive I'm goign to do the C... or maybe the SLK55. I want a trio of Evosport tuned MBs... my CLK, my wife's C32 and a CK55K (or SL55K). Now I have to think about what I want to build as a track car... I'm not thinking MB for that.

MB in ALMS.... that would be a first. Follow your dreams. Any time you are in the Bay Area, I'd be happy to show you my Evosport tuned cars.