CPS - 0335

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:51 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
CPS - 0335

Hey Guys,

Is it typical for a CPS to completely fail out of nowhere? This is a first after owing quite a few MBs in the past and really caught me off guard!! I went over to Costco this morning and drove back home w/ no issues and it sat for a few hours. I turn the key and the engine is cranking although it will not start. I tried a few more times w/ no result. I opened the hood to disconnect the battery for a bit and heard a humming noise around the center of the firewall. Disconnecting the battery did nothing after attempting to crank once or twice. I connected my OB2 diagnostic and there is a code 0335 stored. I assumed the CPS was the culprit after years of hearing and reading the symptoms.

Just thankful I made it back home and did not get stuck at Costco w/ a good amount of frozen food. My mechanic quoted me an hr to replace, it seems like a heck of part to get to! In addition to the tools required for replacement. I try to use only Bosch parts, I found a CPS on Amazon which states it will fit my ‘02 C32 -
Amazon Amazon

I’m almost positive this part # was superseded with the new part number ending 828, if someone can confirm it would be appreciated!

Cheers,

-Rob

Last edited by RPB; 10-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I released the parking break and let the car roll back a bit w/ hopes it might joggle things. The car cranked, I moved it to a forward facing position in my driveway.

I’m hoping it will start again tomorrow when I receive the part and try to get it over to my mechanic. Still quite baffled by this out of the blue no start condition.

Last edited by RPB; 10-16-2019 at 11:35 PM.